3. Crown Princess
We picked this cruise for the itinerary and length of cruise. My initial thought was that Princess and Celebrity are about on par, which really is not the case. Likes: Ship and Entertainment: There are lots of little hidden spots to find a place to sit and relax. The entertainment is really good on Princess and there are lots of little venues to see the entertainment. Lots of music and all genres. Very nice. Food: The breakfast buffet was always good, Slice Pizza and the coffee shop were excellent. We did the Chef's Table and it was wonderful. Additional charge, but well worth the money. Room: We had a Veranda room with a fairly large balcony and the closets are good sized. Beds are great. The bathroom is very small, but how much time do you spend in the bathroom? Medallion: The Medallion and the Medallion App is the innovation that takes Princess into the next 10 years. Getting into the room, having the staff know your name and be able to help you and also the Medallion App so that you can find your shipmates at see is really a step above. No more running around in a circle trying to find people. Staff: Room Staff was great. In general, the staff was excellent. Dislikes: The food in the MDR was not as good on Princess. By the end of the cruise, my stomach was really sore from eating the food and not because I ate a lot, just the quality was not great. The MDR just was not up to snuff. Beverage Package: We bought the Premium Beverage package at full price. Definitely not worth it. My husband and I are moderate drinkers, but to break even on the beverage package, we would have to drink between 6 -7 cocktails a day and specialty coffees, etc...That was doable for me on the sea days, but on port days, I think we lost money. We are mid to late 50s and most of the people on the ship were mid to late 70s. Itinerary: The ship had mechanical issues and missed one port and arrived late in others. That is really not cool. In general, with the Beverage Package, this cruise was about $1500 more than a comparable Celebrity and IMO, Celebrity has better food, ship is better maintained, and time spent in ports is longer. There are good things about both cruise lines, personally I will prefer to go back to Celebrity.

First Time on Princess Cruise

Crown Princess Cruise Review by GeorgiaKnitter

Likes:

Staff: Room Staff was great. In general, the staff was excellent.

We are mid to late 50s and most of the people on the ship were mid to late 70s.

GeorgiaKnitter’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
Very nice. The balcony is larger, the beds are very nice, good size for closets. Bathrooms are very small.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins