3. Sky Princess
I firmly believe a cruise is what you make it, and as the maiden voyage of the Sky Princess innaugral Caribbean season I could not have been happier. It was not perfect, by far - but it was incredibly memorable. We had an obstructed balcony cabin 8107 and it was great, but about halfway through the voyage the heat of the Caribbean started affecting the seals on the door. We had maintenance up twice, eventually we were moved. Again our new cabin on deck 15 had similar issues but it wasn't as bad and we managed to continue on without requiring another change. This could have completely disrupted our voyage but it didn't because we were having such a great time. Food was exceptional however we only dined in the main dining room once as they weren't very adept to my husbands dietary requirements... in the past, they have been flawless however this time not so much and to avoid taking 2 hours to eat dinner each night we simply chose the specialty dining options or the buffet. Buffet was phenomenal, so many options to choose from and if you wanted something that was on the MDR menu, they simply bought it up for you (including creme brulee, which is basically the only reason I cruise). Captain Bye-Bye or Tuvo, whichever you prefer was friendly and kind to everyone. On my numerous other cruises with Princess I've noticed a lack of presence by the captain, but on this cruise he was constantly roaming the public areas stopping to meet people, listening to their feedback and entertaining everyone with his daily messages. He truly ran a great ship under what I imagine would be extremely stressful circumstances given that it was a first time. We pre purchased a two week pass to the Enclave. I have to say, it wasn't a disappointing experience but it also wasn't the greatest. In the past numbers have been limited to 20 couples who can purchase the pass, plus anyone who receives massage services. On this voyage, those who paid for a massage did not get entry to the Enclave, but they sold an unlimited amount of passes - which on some days when it was filled to the brim was particularly frustrating especially if they were loud talkers, which I hate to say it but some of them were. As people who go multiple times a day because it is a highlight of our voyage we occasionally left telling front desk staff that the noise was unbearable... sorry people, but perhaps a little consideration for your fellow passengers. I also used the salon services to have my nails done. It was very expensive. I received a quote for $35USD for an infill, but paid $75USD because apparently that didn't include the polish. On the receipt 14-day no chip polish was written. On day 6 chips appeared, by day 9 my nails which have never been replaced in many years had to be fully replaced & repaired. It was a hearty bill when you convert that to AUD as we were. We had no problems getting on/off the ship and never had to show our Elite status to obtain anything early or in advance. The medallion works wonderfully when it works. I find the app quite slow, but in terms of ordering drinks/food/extra towels etc. everything was so speedy. Steakhouse was great, we actually received a free second visit because our waiter forgot to give us the salt menu! I don't even know what a salt menu is but they were profusely apologising of their own accord and before we knew it another voucher appeared in our room. We used it to visit Sabatinis... If you haven't been...GO! Wow, that was one of the best meals of my life. Fresh pasta, seafood, to die for desserts. We were literally rolled out of the place and the next morning our bellies and hearts were still very full. Yes.... there were glitches. However they didn't affect our holiday at all. The Caribbean is spectacular and as a first time visitor we found so many adventures we could do each day. We booked our excursions through the cruise line, for some it was the only way we could ensure back to ship arrival time. In any case, it was fantastic can strongly recommend

Incredible time!

Sky Princess Cruise Review by craigbro159

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean

In any case, it was fantastic can strongly recommend
craigbro159’s Full Rating Summary