This is the second time I've sailed on the Eurodam this year. In February, my husband and I sailed to Hawaii and liked it for a leisurely senior sailing (we read lots of novels)--but it was also a great choice for a three-generation family Christmas week cruise. Let it be said that there were some skeptical cruisers on board--but they were won over by the low-key ship, the good food that included a number of local Caribbean and Mexican dishes, and the professional and unobtrusive service. And my 11-year-old grandson, though disappointed with Club Hal (which he abandoned after the first day), thought the french fries at Dive-In, the pool and the hot tub--and especially the day on Half Moon Cay-- were so wonderful that he was reluctant to get off the ship! We were very fortunate in having good weather almost everyday (the day before and the day after our day at Half Moon Cay, the seas were too rough to take people ashore) which made, of course, a big difference. Everyone loved the "Humanity" performance by the One Step Dance Company (a second performance, "Stages" was much less spectacular), the BBC Planet II showing with live music, and the BB King Blues Club. And I, as always, loved the America's Test Kitchen demonstrations; Lori was a fantastic teacher/performer. The Eurodam makes up in classic elegance what it lacks in glitz. I really like this ship and think (at least if you watch your bar bill) it is excellent value. We loved the time to talk and bond as a family--and the way that the ship offered something of interest to persons from 11 to 73. Those so-inclined spent time in the gym and snorkeled, everyone danced to blues music, and there were two sea days to just sit on the deck and talk and enjoy the views of sun and sea. It was a great cruise.

Family Christmas Week Caribbean Cruise

Ages 10 to 12
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB
Comfortable beds and plenty of storage for us--and we loved having the balcony barriers unlocked between our three balcony staterooms. Professional and unobtrusive service and much friendlier restaurant staff than we encountered on the February cruise. I think having a fixed dining time (which we chose so the six of us could have a definite meeting place) probably makes a difference in that regard.
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins