3. Caribbean Princess
Do not take the Caribbean Princess at any time for any reason unless you want the worst experience of your lifetime and want to waste your money and time. On our first night on the ship, the dining room was freezing cold. The waiter did not care. One lady at our table asked for a tablecloth and wrapped herself in the tablecloth to keep warm. That was only the start of it. We arrived in the dining room at 5:00 pm and we were not served until 6:30 pm! An hour and a half waiting for our food and freezing at the sane time. That night our room (R736) had a knocking noise every second of every minute of every hour. Still awake at 2:00 am, I called the front desk and asked for help. No one came to our room that night. We called again the next day and asked for a room change. They said nothing was available. That was NOT true, there were plenty of rooms available. We kept asking for a room change and they finally took us to a room on the opposite side, the last room of the long hallway. The next “room” would have been the water!!! I said NO! I did not cause the knocking problem, so why were they treating us like total crap? We paid full price for our cruise. finally, at 8:00 PM, they changed our room on the second night of our cruise. They ran the same music and plays over and over again. There was very little variety of shows on this ship. How disappointing to see the same comedian and the same magician over and over again. We reserved the Sanctuary on the ship, but we quickly found out that their LIFT for scooters is/was broken (and still is broken) for the entire duration of the cruise, so I was only able to hobble up the stairs on Panama Canal Day. The whole reason we booked this ship was 1) to go to The Sanctuary; and 2) to go to the pool by the spa. Well, I couldn’t go to The Sanctuary because of the broken lift and I could not go to the pool by the spa because for most of the cruise, it was NOT filled with water!!!!! The other pools had ladders and this was the only pool with stairs, so having a bad knee, I could not use the other pools and the one pool I could have used did not have water in it. The food was always cold and if you like cold food, you will love this cruise. The prime rib was raw, the lobsters were small, and tonight the strip steak was like shoe leather. Everyone was always complaining about the food. Everyone was getting sick by Wednesday and throwing up and they had vomit bags everywhere!!! I stayed in bed for the day because the ship was so rocky. We heard from crew who said it is always like this on the ship. I’ve been on many other ships and I’ve never ever felt sick at all. There’s more, but you get the idea. We heard that Princess moved half the crew to the new Sky Princess and this crew now is leftovers and newbies that are not trained. I would certainly agree with this because the staff on this ship was not friendly and they were not helpful. We are GOLD level with Princess, so we have been on other Princess Cruises and always had a great time. The wait staff was always friendly and would joke with us. Well, this wait staff was NOT friendly at ALL and they didn’t even give us their first names. The coffee cups were so hot, others at our dinner table burned their hands and/or lips. Everything was cold when it should have been hot and hot when it should have been cold. This was just a mess of a cruise and I highly recommend that if you want to go to the Panama Canal — do NOT take the Caribbean Princess. Stay home and watch a video or take another ship that cares about their customers. We just booked a Disney Cruise and spent $5,700 on this new cruise set for March of 2020. After this horrible cruise on Princess, they will never ever get another dollar of our cruising dollars!!!

Worst cruise in ALL my years of cruising!!!

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by phyllisjimfield

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

phyllisjimfield’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA
We had to have a room change because of a banging sound in our first room. They gave us a hard time and did not change our room until 8:00 pm the second day.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins