3. Regal Princess
Relaxing and fun with a couple of speed bumps Ship – The Regal Princess, big, beautiful and clean Staff – Overall very good, bordering on excellent – • Staff callouts: o Karen in the Retreat Pool area – excellent service, about the best we’ve had on 12 or so cruises. o Ahmed in the Retreat Pool area - a close 2nd to Karen. o Magdalana – Front Desk – outstanding follow up and follow through. I’d hire her in a minute. Food - very good • MDR - seems to have the same choices we’ve always had, maybe some updates. • Alfredos – Go! Go on the first day as well, not crowded and excellent. • Buffet –Very good, look around before getting food there’s a bunch of selections. • International Café – excellent • Pizza – the best at sea • Trident Grill – quick and good Shows – Excellent • Cruise Director – Dan, sought feedback and made great suggestions. • Troy Thirgill – comedian – outstandingly funny • Show – Bravo – excellent • Beatle Maniacs – outstanding • Joe Bessler (?) – Piano player and comedian – excellent and very personable Ocean Medallion – Impressive • I had trouble setting it up at home, so I figured they’d have folks to help onsite. They did but they needed to get IT involved which took a couple of days to sort out. • They didn’t have ours ready when we boarded so they needed to make them for us. The only problem was that they didn’t have any one swing by to tell us it would be a few minutes, so we and the other couples were sitting around for 20 minutes waiting for an update. • Loved the ability to see the activities online and order a drink from anywhere (quickly delivered too). Room Steward – not great • We were in cabin L101, huge balcony. Had 2 chairs and a small table. We asked for one of the standard round white tables. She said she’d get us one. It never showed, we asked again, then gave up. • Also in L101, I opened the safe and saw a couple batteries in the safe compartment and discovered that the backing holding the batteries was missing. I mentioned it to the steward. I said if you can’t find a backing, then a couple strips of electrical tape would hold things in place until a backing could be found. She again said she’d take care of it, but never did, asked again, then gave up. I didn’t use the safe because I’d have had bigger issues if the batteries dislodged once the safe was closed, so I hid my money & passports, etc. in my luggage. Not the end of the world, but this needs to be taken care of or someone will have their valuables locked in without a way to open it if the batteries dislodge again. • Along the cruise we’d say hi, but she seemed a bit put out. Maybe she was exceptionally busy. The room was always tidy and other than the aforementioned things, the room was fine. Other – • Cruise Brothers agents were aboard, a bunch of them. They seemed to have had a few get togethers and had a good time. • Gay Cruisers – There was a large Gay community aboard as well. They had several special events for them as well. Including a “Pink Parade”. They were an awesome group to cruise with. Very outgoing and fun, always a smile and quick chat in the elevator.

Relaxing and fun with a couple of speed bumps

Regal Princess Cruise Review by DiTomCruisers

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Balcony (obstructed view)
Relaxing and fun with a couple of speed bumps

Ship – The Regal Princess, big, beautiful and clean

Staff – Overall very good, bordering on excellent –

• Staff callouts:

o Ahmed in the Retreat Pool area - a close 2nd to Karen.

Food - very good

• MDR - seems to have the same choices we’ve always had, maybe some updates.

• Alfredos – Go! Go on the first day as well, not crowded and excellent.

• International Café – excellent

• Pizza – the best at sea

• Trident Grill – quick and good

Shows – Excellent

• Cruise Director – Dan, sought feedback and made great suggestions.

• Troy Thirgill – comedian – outstandingly funny

Room Steward – not great

Other –

DiTomCruisers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony (obstructed view)
Cabin DW
At the front of the ship. HUGE Balcony, was missing a table, mentioned it to the steward, she said she's get us one, but never did.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins