3. Celebrity Millennium
I choose to go on a cruise due to everyone saying what a great time and quality of food you get and as I am in remission from cancer I thought that this would be a great way to relax and be pampered how wrong can one be first the port we were told to get to was wrong we had to get a second taxi to the correct port then on boarding we were told that the lunch was in the ocean view restaurant but as we were with the concierge room we should have been sent to the main restaurant for our embarkation meal and as this seemed to be the only advantage with concierge class room what did we pay the extra for we were informed by another passenger that we could have had our meals in our room but we're not told that this was free we assumed that as in hotels this is at a cost. The next problem was that when while in the ocean view restaurant this first time we tried to get a drink we were asked to sign for them as we did not have a drinks package although we had paid for this so I had to go to pasangers relations desk to find that we had been given cards without the correct information on it so had to have them replaced. When ever we wanted a drink it always seemed to be a problem finding a waiter to order it from and this happened for the whole cruise. Now we come to the dinner we always needed to que for the main restaurant on the 4th deck and wait to be seated and when we asked if we could book a time for the next day we were told that we should do it the next day as they could not do it at the desk but when we phoned the next day all we could book when we finally got through all we could get was 6:30 or 8:30 as all the rest we were told were booked before the cruise on line, as for the meals and service this was one of the most disappointing parts of the cruise as the meals were poor and not the fabulous experience we had been told to expect the meat was always a small quantity but the vegetables consisted of a small scoop of mashed potatoes 4 or 5 sticks of carrots and a piece of broccoli and on one occasions I ordered a pork chop and was given a lamb shank and my wife ordered ravioli she got three under Cooked packets then to get a glass of wine to go with the meal was always a chore and twice I could not get the waiters attention to order it so went without. On one visit to the restaurant we were taken to a table only to be asked to sit at opposite end of the table as the six that were sitting down had only left the seats this we refused to do and then were asked to stand by the plate collection station to be seated at another table but after 10 minutes we went back to the entrance and asked to speak to a manager who came and took us to another table where we sat for another 10 minutes on our own and we were asked for our order which we did and our starters came up just as the remaining six turned up to be seated of coarse we waited for out main coarse for everyone to eat together, this ment we were in the restaurant for well over 2.5 hours but we never managed to get out for under 2 hours and this meant that if we wanted to see a show we either missed the start or as we did on two occasions leave without a desert as the service was always so slow. The cabin was ok if it wasn't for the fact that one time I went onto the balcony when the door came of the runner trapping me outside and if it had not been that my wife was inside and with the help of the cabin boy managed to lift it onto its runner how long would it have been to release me the only other fault with the cabin was that the door closer/restrictor was not connected this was corrected very quickly The ship had been refurbished in the last year but had more faults that should have been fixed other than our cabin one of the doors to the deck one day was tied up with tape but this did not stop water coming through it and across the passage this we pointed out to staff but they did not even say thanks for pointing it out another much more worrying thing was when in the solarium I noticed that one of the roof glass panes was moving I moved away but when I looked up a little latter this pane was missing one assumes that it when out to sea as if it had come in then someone could have been killed but the crew did not rush to move people out of the area just asked them to move back and as there was quite a wind if it had got inside all the glass could have come down and one shudders to think what would have been the result the deck should have been shut as it was at the end of the cruise this would not have been too much of a problem When walking throughout the ship areas varied in the heat some were ok but a lot including the theatre were cold When we were to disembark as concierge class we thought that we got preferential treatment but no we had to stay in the theatre for two hours for our turn to get off. If I had know about Cruise Critic before booking I would not have taken this cruise as there were 4 reports about the poor quality of the food and service they were on Alaskan and transpacific cruises taken In September just before this one.

First and last cruise due to disappointment in quality of cruise

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Essexmo