3. Norwegian Escape
We spent the weekend in New York before departing on our cruise and the stark contrast between the hustle and bustle of "the city that doesn't sleep" and our week of relaxation at sea was truly remarkable. As an avid traveler, but first-time cruiser, I wasn't sure what to expect being on the open sea, but the service I received onboard the Norwegian Escape is parallel to any resort I have stayed at. The crew was very friendly and accommodating to my travel party (which included a wedding party). While the food in the buffet left something to be desired, the specialty dining was never disappointing. My favorite dining experience onboard was Teppanyaki. The intimate atmosphere, delicious food and exceptional service definitely made this a stand-out meal rivaling any hibachi restaurant ashore. The ship was clearly a newer vessel, but the attention to detail by the crew in maintaining her was apparent. The environmental services staff does a wonderful job keeping the ship clean and sanitized. As a healthcare worker, I appreciate their dedication to hand hygiene and cleanliness onboard. I even joked with my travel party that we should hire some of the crew to sing their hand washing songs in our hospital. Our time docked in Bermuda was amazing. The people on the island were so friendly and welcoming. We spent one day at Jobson's Cove (for the wedding of our friends) and the second day in port exploring St. George's. On our final day in port we went on a shipwreck snorkeling excursion which was very interesting. The complimentary rum swizzle wasn't a bad way to end our time in Bermuda either! Overall, I had an amazing time sailing with Norwegian; so much so that I have already put down a deposit for a future sailing. My only criticism would be that smoking is allowed in the casino on the ship and due to the open concept of the ship and the casino's central location, the smell of cigarettes often filled the atrium and affected the atmosphere of numerous shops and restaurants. For future ships, I would recommend that smoking areas have some sort of barrier to other areas of the ship.

A great ESCAPE from the real world.

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by NautiNurseMichael

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

NautiNurseMichael’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD
The cabin was nicely appointed, modern and spacious. The bathroom was also larger that I expected and my spouse (who has cruised before on other lines) noted it's large size.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins