3. Carnival Valor
This was a first cruise for myself and my friends from college, celebrating turning 40. For the most part it met our expectations. We did have fun, which was important. The ship was nice, but the needs updating. A lot of broken items in our room, including the drawers of the bed, a light fixture held up with electrical tape, and a flashing fluorescent light. Staff were very kind and helpful, especially dealing with a bunch of drunk people. The activities offered had a lot of variety for age, interests, and tastes. The music groups were great, very talented instrumentalists. The drinks were pretty good, but overpriced. But, as I understand pretty typical for cruises. The shore excursions were great, but felt rushed. I really enjoyed the Mayan cultural experience. A great look into the Yucatán life. My BIG complaint is about the song choices in the piano bar. The playlist included R Kelly’s “I believe I can fly”. Come on Carnival! Don’t support a child molester and rapist!

40th birthday celebration

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Sarie78

Sarie78’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Our cabin had several broken items. The drawers under the sofa bed, a flaming fluorescent light and light fixture held up by electrical tape.
  Carnival Valor Deck Plans