Carnival Valor Cruise Review

40th birthday celebration

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Sarie78

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

This was a first cruise for myself and my friends from college, celebrating turning 40. For the most part it met our expectations. We did have fun, which was important.

The ship was nice, but the needs updating. A lot of broken items in our room, including the drawers of the bed, a light fixture held up with electrical tape, and a flashing fluorescent light.

Staff were very kind and helpful, especially dealing with a bunch of drunk people. The activities offered had a lot of variety for age, interests, and tastes. The music groups were great, very talented instrumentalists.

The drinks were pretty good, but overpriced. But, as I understand pretty typical for cruises.

The shore excursions were great, but felt rushed. I really enjoyed the Mayan cultural experience. A great look into the Yucatán life.

My BIG complaint is about the song choices in the piano bar. The playlist included R Kelly’s “I believe I can fly”. Come on Carnival! Don’t support a child molester and rapist!

Sarie78's Full Rating Summary

Our cabin had several broken items. The drawers under the sofa bed, a flaming fluorescent light and light fixture held up by electrical tape.

New Orleans

Getting to the ship wasn’t too bad. Just a lot of traffic, but going through security went smoothly.

Best of Cozumel

Felt a little rushed, but had fun shopping.

View All 121 Best of Cozumel Reviews

Great to see the Mayan Culture. The Church was amazing. Excellent food at the beach resort portion.

View All undefined undefined Reviews