Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by zontagirl

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Promenade View Interior

We chose this cruise because it was related to work.

Pro: The entertainment throughout the ship was outstanding. The dancers, vocalists, ice skaters, and individual performers were highly professional!

Cons:

We ended up with a cabin overlooking the promenade. Unless you party late I would not recommend this location because of loud music.

The food in the dining room was uninspiring but service was good.

Music blares during their entertainment

My biggest concern was safety. There are two arched bridges at the entrance to the promenade on deck 4 and 5. Warning signs were small and not easily visible. Apparently the ship recognized this as a problem. Unfortunately I tripped at the arch of the deck 5 bridge and landed on my knees. I was not drinking and was watching my step but my foot just caught on the slope .Another cruiser came over and told me she had seen 5 people trip on that bridge. Two days later I saw an older gentleman fall on the same bridge.

I asked to speak to supervisor after that but the female employee at customer service said it had been reported and would not let me speak to a supervisor. Personally the area is dangerous and should be cordoned off until the problem is solved.

I have found officers of other lines to be more visible around the ship and willing to speak to passengers than Royal Caribbean.

zontagirl's Full Rating Summary

Promenade View Interior

Cabin was nice. Very loud music direly below window. Reserve it for night owls who go to bed late.

Everglades Tour

Left ship early and tour shorter than listed. We saw alligator, rode on fan boat and visited wildlife sanctuary. Docent gave a great talk.

View All 149 Everglades Tour Reviews
Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

A new acquaintance directed us to Royal Palm on 7 mile beach. For $2 entrance they had a small pool, bar, lockers, restroom and shower. Lounge chair rental was $12 but $10 next door. The beach and water was beautiful.

Costa Maya

We were steered to the Krazy Lobster. The trolley was $4 but you coul take bus for $2. Great food and service and no cover. Beach a bit harder to access. We each had a 1 hour massage on the beach for $20. What a treat!!! The vendors were nice but pushy. Do see Pacho Sanchez and look at his beautiful paintings and individually painted magnets. He is very talented.

Cozumel

On recommendation we took a taxi to the Money Bar. There is no entrance fee, free tables and lounges- just buy some food and drinks. The service was perfect and they serve a delicious and huge nacho plate. Swim out to the rope and you will see a great variety of fish. In fact, some of the snorkel excursions ended up in this spot! It is slippery getting down 3 steps but use the hand rail, then glide out into the water.

zontagirl