Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by packercruising
- Sail Date: October 2019
- Destination: Canada & New England
- Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View Balcony
• Overall we would give this ship a 4 out of 5 rating.
• Ports were Quebec City, Prince Edward Island, Sydney, Halifax, Bar Harbor, Portland, Saint John, Boston and Port Canaveral. Disembark was in Ft. Lauderdale. Due to strong winds and choppy seas, we had to bypass Halifax.
• Embarkation was a breeze, once we got to the terminal. The Seapass we printed out worked for purchases on the ship until we got to our cabin and picked up the key card.
• Our cabin steward was Corina and she was truly awesome!
• Adventure of the Seas is a beautiful ship and accommodates about 3,000 passengers. We have sailed it before, in 2008, but it was refurbished not too long ago.
• The food on the ship is very good. Some people will complain that there was little variety, but they must not have paid attention. Every night was a theme night in the Windjammer buffet that featured food from other cultures. There was also basic food that you could get every day. If you enjoy breakfast, the Windjammer was an awesome spot to eat because we could get almost whatever we liked. Their pastries and baked goods were really good. There was ice cream every night and a soft serve yogurt machine available all day.
• Internet was very good most of the cruise. We got the single device package and traded off. No sense buying two packages when one will do.
• Overall the service on the ship was terrific! Bar service in the MDR was really bad, though. This seems to happen a lot.
• We encountered 3 major storms. As mentioned, we had to bypass Halifax and had to leave Boston early due to storms. We also had a major storm going in to Port Canaveral. We were able to cancel our planned excursion and get a refund.
• You may have heard about the passenger that had a stroke and had to be medevac’d. That was our ship and the storm made it more difficult.
• We only had to tender at Bar Harbor and that went pretty well. We also had to pass through customs twice and that went quite swiftly.
• One minor complaint is the slowness of the elevators. Sometimes they would pass us by several times before stopping and often they were full. It really didn’t help that one of the 4 elevators was out of service often.
• By far, our favorite bar was the Duck&Dog Pub. They had the best bartenders and servers. It is also close to food and entertainment. We also liked the Pool Bar, but it was a bit out of our way, and the weather generally didn’t lend itself to spending much time there.
• Speaking of entertainment, we didn’t go to many of the stage shows. The magician was really good and the ice show is always worth going to. For the ice show, you no longer need to stand in line to get tickets. Now you need to stand in line before the show. First Come, first served. The Top Tier Event was a waste of time. The house band, Mega 4 was very good and we often planned what we were going to do based on when and where they were playing. We weren’t very impressed with the pianist in the Schooner bar, but seem to be in the minority as he had quite a following. We also didn’t like the bar service in Schooner, which is something I never thought would happen. Others mentioned specific bar tenders that were really good, so maybe we just had bad luck the times we were there.
• Disembarking was fast and easy. Since we had already gone through customs in Boston, we did not have to do it in Ft. Lauderdale. Very hot and humid day. Plenty of taxis available, but we managed to get the last two seats on the airport shuttle. Much cheaper. We did curb side check in at the airport and I highly recommend this as the check in lines inside were very long.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Cadillac MountainApparently Columbus Day weekend is the busiest weekend in Bar Harbor. Cadillac Mountain was overloaded with tourists and our bus was originally turned away. We came back later and were allowed in.View All 39 Cadillac Mountain Reviews