3. Celebrity Edge
The food was fantastic, we ate at some specialty dining and the main dining venues. No complaints here. The food and service were excellent and the venues were always beautiful. I particularly enjoyed Raw on 5. The sushi was excellent and the quality of the seafood was exceptional. The entertainment was also fantastic; Kaleidoscope, Dos Duo, and Ashley Amber being standouts. But, some of the singers in the Grand staircase bar or pool deck could be off key or sound awkward. The spa and fitness centres were excellent facilities but unfortunately have 2 flaws. The gym has so many windows it doesn’t take long to get warm and when your working out more AC would be appreciated. The biggest flaw however, is the spa being below the gym area (maybe they can flip them for the Apex!) I had a wonderful massage but it was marred by the stomping of a gym class above. I suggested to my masseuse they provide some noise cancelling headphones with soft music as a quick fix. We will see what happens! As for excursions they were usually fun and exciting but could sometimes be hindered by being too large. A group can only move as fast as it’s slowest member so if granny with her cane is in the group you’ll spend lots of time waiting at the front. A suggestion for Celebrity would be to give people the option to break groups up by ability. This would give highly active people less time waiting for the group. In turn it would also make less mobile people’s experience more enjoyable by not feeling rushed or guilty by holding up their group. Disembarking and reembarking on the cruise was always orderly and as easy as possible. The ports were all beautiful with something unique to experience at each one. In some cases (such as Catania, and Katakolo) it’s worth looking at an excursion either with Celebrity or privately as the port town itself is either a bit run down (Catania) or just has nothing to see (Katakolo) but they have amazing things to see close by. Edge was my first cruise experience. Other than the minor issues mentioned above I loved the voyage and am already looking ahead to another trip aboard. I hope the suggestions get read!

Beautiful ship, I didn’t want to leave...

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by Ichriz123

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda

I hope the suggestions get read!
Ichriz123’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
Cabin E4
The ship is beautiful. It’s modern, clean, and spacious. I was expecting my room to feel small since it was, after all, a ship. However, the floor to ceiling windows of the infinite veranda and the rooms clever use of space allowed us to hide all our luggage (we were in Europe a month so we had 3 suitcases and 2 backpacks.) Doing so made it feel as if we weren’t living out of a suitcase with our things all strewn about the room.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins