3. Celebrity Edge
I had multiple frustrations long before boarding. Most of which were related to the fact that my mother and I were in different staterooms and it was very difficult to coordinate reservations for excursions or dinner. I was able to for main dining after I figured out how to associate a reservation (tho website still less than intuitive as you have to check the selection you JUST entered for it to associate). However specialty restaurants reserving with two separate rooms was awful. Called concierge. Sort of helped. But when room two called back they showed no availability. Even though we each were singles and would only need one table of two they couldnt do that without days delay and could reacting concierges. Day of embarkation there were multiple stories of same at captains club. It seems to be an incompetent process. I reserved finding ahead of boarding and was assured cancellation would go to my card. So when we cancelled one restaurant that I had out on my CCard for two separate staterooms they credited the respective staterooms rather than my card. I had to fight to get the credit removed from second room back to mine. And notably NOT to my card but as a room credit despite what I was told when booking weeks prior. WiFi - this was a selected perk so we didn’t pay for it (seems expensive). Quality was pretty good however it dropped a LOT (several times a day) and had to continually sign in. Also we had a single device so had to switch between iPad and iPhone but that was a personal frugal option. Drinks. - pool bar frozen dacqaris really bad. They didn’t have Lime (and bartender didn’t even know what I meant by traditional lime) and then added (dark!) rum after so it was not mixed in. The REAL benefit of a drink package is you can just trash the bad drinks and get a different at no charge. Regular margarita was typical and good. I didn’t have many mixed drinks but not one I had wowed in the least. My mother is elite captain level and supposed to get three free wines. They told her free was “not at dinner”. What?? That is just pathetic. Way to value your customers. They really seem to nickel and dime on everything here from alcohol to coffee to dining. Really takes away from overall experience Fitness: The jogging track was lovely as it traversed two levels so had “hills” and went by garden view and sunset bar as well as around pool (a floor above). A very nice walk and longer than most ships at nearly a 1/4 mile per lap. I had heard there was one or two Pelatons on the edge but found no reviews of them so here it is: Peloton. 6 bikes. 2 never seemed to be available for use - always covered. Technically, you must be in suite or have own pelaton account (used peloton before). Free but must reserve a time to use It (or take chance it will be free which it mostly was). However they told one woman it would be $50 for cruise to use them - I think bc she was neither I suite nor had ever used it before. They remove the seats unless someone is scheduled to use it though you might get lucky if you show up after someone finished, but you can just ask trainer to get them. There are never any seats on until 7 am when trainers begin day and you have to ask. They will provide clip on shoes in your size if you want. I LOVE Pelaton and loved that I could use it daily. For me, it was one of the best part of the Edge. I was not in a specialty room but told them (truthfully) I had my own Pelaton account. Something a trainer said led me to believe they may begin charge for using it (if they don't already - no clear policy it seems) They are very tight with making seats available for peloton use. Don’t know why. Sailing day - arrived on ship early and toured gym. Looked good and only 1 or 2 using it. First day we didn’t port until noon. Got there at 7:30 am and hopped on a peloton (before i knew you had to reserve) got kicked off after 30 minutes for someone who had it reserved. Still a good workout. The real shortcomings of the gym: lack of cool down stretching space. Quite crowded (yoga room in use or probably could do there). The free weights area is quite small too and crammed on sea day. There were enough cardio equipment that something was open whole time I was there - stair master, treadmill, techno bike etc. Day two first sea day. Had reserved peloton for 8 am but forgot the time change and got there late. No problem they accommodated me as others were finishing their ride. There was a good amount of buffering at sea and I cut my 45 Min ride to 30 due bc of buffering. The Pool: love the pool for many reasons the main one being it is actually long enough to swim laps in. It is between 20-25 meters (Based on personal stroke count) so a very respectable swim workout can be had. Even at 10:30 am first sea day there were very few in the pool and I was able to swim 1/2 hour without dodging others much at all. However many days into cruise it was clear anyone who had goggles (and some who didn’t) decided to swim laps even if this meant dog paddle, as they realized others were swimming laps. It got congested much of the time after morning. The pool length gets huge points in my book. You could have the pool to yourself in the evening as no one ever there after 6 it seemed. The pool setup with a sundeck and chairs is lovely and pool has submerged rim all around is very nice. Best pool I have experienced on a cruise ship. Pool itself was busy after excursions but still usually could get a couple seats, always both sun and shade available. Did not pay money for fitness classes but there was a good variety of yoga boxing HIIT and Techno Hume RYDE classes. I did yoga in my room a few times which was nice with infinite balcony feeling part of the room. $149 gets you unlimited classes which include yoga, hiit, boxing and more Entertainment. Mediocre. All of the dance and song performances (which seem to be most nights) are a different version of same. 4-5 women are dressed in boy shorts and halter tops (sometimes sequences sometimes In different colors) and the 4-5 men are in tanks and tights or pants. They pair up. One male and one female lead sing. Songs are mostly known songs and they set some plot to it (which is not evident without narrator or reading write up) They finally got a comedian to come after cruise director got feedback of too much of same thing. Musicians were quality violinist and piano from what I heard. I only made it through one full performance. But shows are not my thing. Food. Overall pretty good. Spa cafe is nice, light and healthy - however it is the same bfast and same lunch every single day. Main dining rooms have quality food and service with a different ambiance in each. La Petite Chef was great and worth it. Best food of all and really fun. Ocean view cafe had great variety and all seemed good. I will say desserts are better looking than tasting - in all venues. Eden. First impression on day 1 visit. Feels 70s and dated with plants growing out of walls. Some decor just seems weird. It is not a place I would seek out for any reason particularly to read or relax. Had dinner there night 3. The presentation was wonderful, the service (too) attentive and the food was very good. Not great. The steak dish was decent but far from a great steak. I don’t think it is worth the supplemental expense and wouldn’t do it again. The Eden performance - I misunderstood and thought there was something to happen during dining. Nope (tho we had an early seating). A few crew walked around with weird costumes which is what they wear for 10:15 performance which only happens every other night. Never went but ship mates went and said it was only a singer. I just don’t get (nor did I like) Eden. Finally, this was my first celebrity cruise and I truly enjoyed many things. I really appreciate they now offer single rooms with balcony without doubling the price for solo. But I doubt I will cruise Celebrity again unless there is a fabulous itinerary. It is fine. But if I traveled with my young adult kids I would want a ship that had more fun - race cars on NCL, rock climbing/surfing etc on Royal Caribbean - I like those things too. Yes celebrity is a 'bit classier' but also not as many options for fun. And mixed drinks were not good and packages are ridiculously expensive. If I go by myself I will go Crystal from now on. That is class, never crowded and ALL inclusive with awesome itineraries. Ports: The Nafplio Greece port was the best of all. Beautiful quaint town with great shops and not busy with tourists. Pick an itinerary with that port! Did Corinth canal which was good. Skip OIA in Santorini. It is a MADHOUSE. Horrible. Mykonos was crazy busy too but great streets and shops to wander through. Malta was a let down. Beautiful from ship, great historical buildings but kind of too short stop to do real substance and it just felt like a big city (w traffic) - though historically stunning.

Long ship review - sailed Sept 30 Mediterranean

BlueDevil88’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
Cabin E1 6266
Room 6266. I would not choose or stay in this room again bc it overlooked outdoor seating for Raw. This meant if I wanted my shades open after dark and had room lights on my balcony area was pretty visible. A real lack of privacy during evening dining hours. This seating is also open for breakfast 8-9:30 most days So while seeing into my room was not an issue due to daylight if I wanted to sit with window open I got to hear all the chatter. Every other outdoor dining seating I am aware of is under overhangs/cover so this seems much less private both for rooms and diners. I could have had fun heckling or asking about food if I so choose.

There are no “do not disturb” or “make up room tags” or lights outside door. Everything else is electronic on the ship why not a notification by door as most other ships have these days? Instead they have a “Deep Sleep” magnet which is supposed to be the notification not to disturb. Seems quite simplistic and lacking and a little silly for daytime use.

There is no coffee maker or hot water in the room. Very inconvenient to have to leave room to get early morning coffee or late night tea. They did accommodate my request for an electric kettle but seems silly not have something every other hotel or cruise cabin in the world has

No direct reading lights at bed. A Fixed bedside lamp for ambiance provides no useful function to read by. How easy it would have been to have overhead lights with respective switches or at least a lamp that you can direct light with a ‘Snake arm’. So basic and necessary in a cabin or hotel room. I used my iPhone flashlight to read by.
Only one side of bed has outlets and USB port.

Infinite Balcony is acceptable though overall I didn’t like it. As someone else said it feels like sitting by an open window. The “railing level” is much higher (chest level and I am 5’8”) than normal balcony it seems. I Like old school slider doors/balcony much better as you are actually outside. You have to hold button down for 30 seconds to lower or raise window on balcony, often leaning over the deck chair. Would have been easy to have a one touch “all the way” feature but no. You can lower or raise shade via app all the way - not sure why not window. Also, because there is no overhang with a true balcony, the room became a solarium if you happen to be side of ship sitting in port with direct sun. Most people I spoke to that had them preferred a regular slider balcony so I don’t think it is the hit or revolution they had thought it would be.

The Rooms have Good decor. Modern and sleek without being cold.

Room Storage. Great as solo traveler probably a bit cramped for two people sharing. Supposed to have umbrellas in every room - mine didn’t so check as you may need it.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins