• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Edge Veranda Stateroom
Fitness Schedule Celebrity Edge Sept 30 sailing

I had multiple frustrations long before boarding. Most of which were related to the fact that my mother and I were in different staterooms and it was very difficult to coordinate reservations for excursions or dinner. I was able to for main dining after I figured out how to associate a reservation (tho website still less than intuitive as you have to check the selection you JUST entered for it to associate). However specialty restaurants reserving with two separate rooms was awful. Called concierge. Sort of helped. But when room two called back they showed no availability. Even though we each were singles and would only need one table of two they couldnt do that without days delay and could reacting concierges. Day of embarkation there were multiple stories of same at captains club. It seems to be an incompetent process.

I reserved finding ahead of boarding and was assured cancellation would go to my card. So when we cancelled one restaurant that I had out on my CCard for two separate staterooms they credited the respective staterooms rather than my card. I had to fight to get the credit removed from second room back to mine. And notably NOT to my card but as a room credit despite what I was told when booking weeks prior.

WiFi - this was a selected perk so we didn’t pay for it (seems expensive). Quality was pretty good however it dropped a LOT (several times a day) and had to continually sign in. Also we had a single device so had to switch between iPad and iPhone but that was a personal frugal option.

Edge Veranda Stateroom

Cabin E1

Room 6266. I would not choose or stay in this room again bc it overlooked outdoor seating for Raw. This meant if I wanted my shades open after dark and had room lights on my balcony area was pretty visible. A real lack of privacy during evening dining hours. This seating is also open for breakfast 8-9:30 most days So while seeing into my room was not an issue due to daylight if I wanted to sit with window open I got to hear all the chatter. Every other outdoor dining seating I am aware of is under overhangs/cover so this seems much less private both for rooms and diners. I could have had fun heckling or asking about food if I so choose.

There are no “do not disturb” or “make up room tags” or lights outside door. Everything else is electronic on the ship why not a notification by door as most other ships have these days? Instead they have a “Deep Sleep” magnet which is supposed to be the notification not to disturb. Seems quite simplistic and lacking and a little silly for daytime use.

There is no coffee maker or hot water in the room. Very inconvenient to have to leave room to get early morning coffee or late night tea. They did accommodate my request for an electric kettle but seems silly not have something every other hotel or cruise cabin in the world has

No direct reading lights at bed. A Fixed bedside lamp for ambiance provides no useful function to read by. How easy it would have been to have overhead lights with respective switches or at least a lamp that you can direct light with a ‘Snake arm’. So basic and necessary in a cabin or hotel room. I used my iPhone flashlight to read by.

Only one side of bed has outlets and USB port.

Infinite Balcony is acceptable though overall I didn’t like it. As someone else said it feels like sitting by an open window. The “railing level” is much higher (chest level and I am 5’8”) than normal balcony it seems. I Like old school slider doors/balcony much better as you are actually outside. You have to hold button down for 30 seconds to lower or raise window on balcony, often leaning over the deck chair. Would have been easy to have a one touch “all the way” feature but no. You can lower or raise shade via app all the way - not sure why not window. Also, because there is no overhang with a true balcony, the room became a solarium if you happen to be side of ship sitting in port with direct sun. Most people I spoke to that had them preferred a regular slider balcony so I don’t think it is the hit or revolution they had thought it would be.

The Rooms have Good decor. Modern and sleek without being cold.

Room Storage. Great as solo traveler probably a bit cramped for two people sharing. Supposed to have umbrellas in every room - mine didn’t so check as you may need it.

Port Reviews

Nafplion

This was an awesome town. Such character, lovely shops, not crowded. Best port of all.

Mykonos

Walked to Windmills and meandered through streets. Very lovely and nice shops to explore but pretty busy with tourists.

Athens (Piraeus)

Stayed on ship and loved it!

Catania

Didn't spend much time off ship but what I saw was lovely with Character and history. Looked like good shopping.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Didn;t visit Rome this time around.

11 Helpful Votes