3. Carnival Valor
We had good weather. The staff overall were nice, however, at times looked like they didn't want to be there. There were about 300 children ages 12 and under and a couple hundred kids 12-21. There wasn't enough room in the 2 swimming pools there, to let our daughters go swimming. The kids that were swimming weren't very considerate and there weren't any life guards or workers keeping the peace. The line for the slide was always very long. Our daughters went down the slide once. Also, we ended up spending the extra $ for the soda cards ($51 per adult and about $40 per child). I don't think that we drank that much soda to have made it worth buying the soda cards.

Other than that the ports were nice, we did 2 paid excursions through carnival. The Mia Key excursion on Isla Roatan was very nice and would recommend it. We did the sights and sounds of Belize tour in Belize and I don't feel that one was worth it. If you like the cave system and can swim or are not traveling with small children, I would recommend that one. Otherwise, if you are traveling with children under 8 (because you have to be 8 to go on any excursions with snorkeling) I would stay on the ship that day. Also I heard that the tender ride from ship to Belize was 45 minutes, it actually was about 15. In Grand Cayman we paid a local cab driver $20 per person to give us a tour and she stopped at 3 stops for us to get out and look around. We ended up being dropped off at 7 mile beach where we stayed for a couple hours and go the bus for $2.50 per person back to the ship. In Cozumel we took a taxi $13 for 4 of us to San Fransisco beach and played there for a few hours, had lunch and a couple drinks and took the taxi back to the ship.

Carnival Valor cruising

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by DanSheri

DanSheri’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9

Interior
Cabin 4B 1415
cabin 1415. It was tight with 2 adults and 2 children. No window. We had 3 large suitcases and was a lot of shuffling around when we needed to get something out of the suitcase. No fridge. Tight quarters, but doable.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Belize City
    In Belize City we took the Sights and Sounds of Belize tour. The bus was supposed to be air conditioned, but I don't believe it worked well. The bus drove about 5-10 miles per hour a couple of miles through some bad streets. Then we stopped at old Belize (on the tour) and saw a dance that lasted about 20 minutes. After the dance we went through a small museum and got bad on the bus to go back to the pier. I did not think this tour was worth the money. At the pier there were a few shops, but nothing that really jumped out at us to give a good review about. The tender to and from was about 15 minutes each way.

View All 2,217 Belize City Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Belize City Cruise Port Review
  • Cozumel
    We took a $13 taxi ride to a public beach (San Fransisco) and hung out at the beach for the day. They had good food and beers were only $2 or $3. We shopped a little bit before we went back to the ship. Very nice day.

View All 5,717 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman
    We paid a local lady $20 each to drive us around parts of Grand Caymen. We stopped at Boatswaine, a turtle farm and paid an extra $10 per person (wouldn't recommend this) to see some turtles in tanks that was pretty smelly. We also stopped at "Hell" and a rum cake factory. We were dropped off at 7 mile beach for a couple hours. The sun was at our backs at the beach so not good it you want to lay out. We got a bus ride back to the pier for $2.50 per person. The shopping was better than in Belize.

View All 2,844 Grand Cayman Cruise Port Reviews