Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by abbydabba
- Sail Date: August 2019
- Destination: Baltic Sea
- Cabin Type: Family Balcony Stateroom
- The food was absolutely dismal. I've been on a Norwegian ship before so I knew not to expect a gourmet experience, but the buffet actually smelled so bad I could hardly stand to be in the room with it, and the taste was just poor. I was desperate for fresh fruit and veg by the end of the week. The main restaurants were also spotty, although we did have decent sushi at the sushi place and the seafood restaurant was pretty good.
- The ship was PACKED at all times, and it was quite hard to find a quiet spot. I expected this, but it really does hit you what it's like to be on a boat with thousands of other people. It really came to a head with the insane debarkation process for St. Petersburg, where they tried to assign people to groups and it generally became an angry free-for-all.
- The activities were kind of lame. I think the shows and stuff appeal to my mom's age, but there's nothing really there for adults in their 30s and 40s. We were all bored for the sea days. My kids did like things like the ropes course and the mini golf, but you can really only do that so many times before it gets old.
- My 10-year-old really liked Splash Academy, but my 13-year-old went to Entourage once, proclaimed it 'lame' and never went back. I don't blame NCL entirely, it's a tough age group to please.
- Half the treadmills in the gym were broken.
I think I would use this ship again, but I'd definitely upgrade to the Haven for a more premium experience. If I had to eat breakfast on this ship one more time, I think I would have puked.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
CopenhagenLoved Copenhagen! My son actually broke his elbow at Tivoli on the last day and their staff was great at getting us to an ER.View All 1,133 Copenhagen Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Copenhagen Cruise Port Review
Winter WonderlandPerfect for the kids!View All 20 Winter Wonderland Reviews
Rostock (Warnemunde)We took a beach day in Warnemunde and loved renting those fun chairs and just enjoying the sun and sand.View All 380 Rostock (Warnemunde) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Rostock (Warnemunde) Cruise Port Review
St. PetersburgAmazing!! I didn't know what to expect from St. Petersburg and I was blown away. Fatima was a terrific guide.View All 13,760 St. Petersburg Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's St. Petersburg Cruise Port Review
StockholmWe went to the Vasa and then Skansen, which was perfect for the kids.View All 839 Stockholm Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Stockholm Cruise Port Review
TallinnWe had a nice day walking around Tallinn. We followed Rick Steves' walking tour and it was a good overview. Ramen restaurant was a great lunch.View All 1,031 Tallinn Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Tallinn Cruise Port Review