3. Carnival Valor
Ship itself: Very clean, some reviews I read said that it was dirty but this was definitely not the case. It can be a little confusing the first day finding your way around the ship. Our cabin was at the back of the ship but our dining room was at the very front of the ship in the Lincoln Dining Room. My best advice to get across the boat is to go down to floor 2 where you can walk all the way down either side of the boat without any doors or barriers. Cabin: I went with my girlfriend and 2 other friends. King size bed and two bunk beds. Obviously it is a little close quarters but we didn't care because we barely spent any time in the room. Shower pressure is surprisingly strong. The water can be SCALDING hot so be careful getting in. Tv in the room with very basic channels. I liked the channels that just showed cameras on the ship. Dining: It is so awesome to order 5 appetizers just for the hell of it. There is a $10 corkage fee to bring a bottle of wine at dinner which we did each night. We were at the Lincoln dining room. Every dinner was great BESIDES the Elegant Dinner. That one was just a mess. It took 30 minutes for a server to even get our drinks. But I kinda understand because EVERYONE went to dinner that night. We had the anytime dining which I strongly recommend. I wish there was more stuff open after 9 PM. It's pretty much just Pizza or room service. Guy's burger joint is amazing. The American Deli had some good sandwiches. Room service is free until 10 PM from a select menu. Cheers Program: Highlight of the trip for sure. My friends and I were drunk the whole time. 15 drinks a day which sounds hard but I capped out each night. The rum drinks have at least 2 shots in them which is great. Each day there is a daily special drink at the bar and its a mixture of lots of alcohol and fruity drinks basically. The drink servers are awesome. Dede from Indonesia was my hero. He would find us all over the ship at shows. He was the absolute best. I already miss him. Entertainment: Loved the casino, nightclub, comedy shows, karaoke, game shows, trivia, all of that. The main performance shows every night in the Ivanhoe Theater are honestly terrible. Kevin the cruise director is great but there's a group of eight 25-30 year olds who have a dancing and singing routine each night and it is very boring and cringe worthy. Skip this if you can. We went the first night and did not go back. I want to mention the casino again. SO much fun at noon and 3 AM it doesn't matter the time. Blackjack tables are rowdy. Excursions: I've been to Cozumel before. This time our group stayed on the boat and just drank by the pool. So relaxing. Absolutely nobody is on the boat during that time so no lines for food or at the bar. Plenty of pool seats. Embarkation and Debarkation was so smooth. Debarkation advice is if you are not walking out by 7:30, you might as well stay on the boat until 10am. from 8-10 it is just a massive heard of cattle leaving the ship and it can get pretty hot from that many people close together. Stay up on the pool deck and take some last pictures and then around 10 you can leave and there will be no line. If you need guest services, just call the number from your room phone because that line can be extremely long. I think that's about it. PLEASE Don't lose your sail and sign card. There is no need to have any credit card or anything on you. Keep cash for tips and your sail and sign card and that is all you need. All things considered a super fun vacation that is considerably cheap.

Cheers Program is a must if over 21. The Entertainment shows are so overrated

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by njdunava

All things considered a super fun vacation that is considerably cheap.
njdunava’s Full Rating Summary