3. Carnival Valor
The cruise was affordable for our party of ten especially we booked at the last minute. My party and I went on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel Mexico on the Carnival Valor; this is my third time cruising with Carnival cruise line and first time on the Valor. Other than the Cruise Director, Kevin, my family and I didn't have a good time and I didn't like the ship. The Valor seemed small, congested and cluttered and it could use some updates especially in the sports area, which was small and dated; also, they could use some new loungers because a lot were stained and need to be replaced. My party included kids, teens and young adults, and I found that there wasn't a lot of activities for the teens and kids. The pool area was crowded the majority of the time as well as the sports area, and the sports area closed at 5 pm everyday, "which didn't make much sense to me," so my kids really didn't do much. Some of the food was okay, especially the burgers from Guy's that was a hit for those that like burgers, but the other selection of food could have been better. The cabins were a decent size and considering that there was so many people on the ship the washrooms throughout the ship were kept clean so that was a positive. My only complaint with the cabin is one wasn't ready when we arrived. There were dirty linen left in the room and they didn't have the beds set up for the four individuals staying in the room. The bars stayed busy throughout the day, and a lot of time we had to wait a long time to be served. I wasn't crazy about the entertainment: the comedian we saw our first night there was not funny so we ended up leaving, I didn't enjoy the singers they didn't make it exciting and everything else just seemed boring. We planned for this trip for two months, but everyone was disappointment on the cruise and couldn't wait to go home.

Disappointing

Ages 16+
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Interior
Cabin 4H 7257
The cabins were a decent size and were kept tidy
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Island Tour
    I traveled with family and this was our second time going to Cozumel; the tour guide made our tour exciting and we enjoyed just riding around sightseeing, looking at the beaches, tequila tasting and going to the shops.
    View All 84 Island Tour Reviews
  • New Orleans
    I have never been to New Orleans, it was very hot and I was with two people who couldn't walk around a lot so it was a little challenging, but overall it was a good experience to see a new city. We went out to eat and we enjoyed the gumbo and creole and we just enjoyed being in a new city.
    View All 622 New Orleans Cruise Port Reviews