Carnival Valor Cruise Review

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Dealonnia

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I am a cruise person having been on 8 cruises and 5 of those on Carnival Ships. The spa people were standing on the deck offering you a chance for a discount. Having never had a facial I pulled a card and received $50.00 off. I had a facial done which was 165.00 less $50.00 which is $115.00. I SIGNED a receipt for $115.00 however after I get home I see I was charged $135.75. When I contacted Carnival I was told that the Spa Service was contracted. When I call them I was told it was an automatic 20% tip. Issue 1: that is not on the receipt I Signed. Issue 2: read the contract you agree to Spa Service is not listed in automatic gratuity. Issue 3: Told nothing could be done after I get off I should have addressed it on ship, i started the first business day after I got off trying to get any information and it took me 3 days to have someone call me back. Therefore, DO NOT DO A SPA SERVICE! And CARNIVAL what have you done...this is next to the worst cruise I have been on...too may issues to address but this is number 1...this was a Anniversary cruise and I was shocked with Carnival now I am mad!!!! The dining area staff were good we prefer the sit down breakfast and dinner at 6. The room staff need some repair cleaning lessons but did appear in the room daily. Things needed where pointed out but not addressed i.e. the bed light had no knob to turn it on you had to stick your finger in the knob hole to turn it on. The shows were okay. The comedy was good, I love bingo but the caller preferred to talk to much and not just call the numbers. They have a new set up where you do everything on the ship after you get on i.e. the credit card on file so the first 2 days the customer support area was big lines!

Dealonnia's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8F 6443

Ok but ship windows were cloudy and rust was very visible on the balcony

Cozumel

Wanted to swim with dolphins but didn't want to pay 250.00 for a couple when only 1 was going to swim..the other was going just so I didn’t go a lone..

Dealonnia