3. Island Princess
My husband and I are Latinx, in our 30s and decided to do the cruise for our honeymoon. We began in Whittier and ended in Vancouver. The good: - Cruise was small compared to others which makes it more intimate - Food was really good, specially in the buffet - Staff was super friendly and helpful - Our cabin was cleaned on a regular basis - Plenty of entertainment option (some a little corny); The musicals were my favorite. - The gym was pretty well-equipped. The not so good: - Cruisers were not diverse in age and/or race (so if you are in your 30s an/or people of color like we are, just be prepare for that). - The ships decor looks like we were in 1980. The carpets are really outdated. - The chairs in our balcony were not so comfy - The tours sold by the cruise were super overpriced. We did the whale watching tour in Juneau which costs $160/pp and did not even include lunch (they gave us one cracker with a piece of salmon on top-ONE) plus we did not get a close view of the whales. - With the exception of Skagway, where we spent almost a whole day, we did not get enough time to explore the other towns and wished the ship would have left at 8pm instead of 4-6pm. - The used two twin beds together to make a Queen bed. We kept sliding between beds. - Too many photographers trying to take pictures of you. It is 2019, we all have phone cameras, we really don't need a professionally picture every time we go somewhere. Final Verdict: Visiting Alaska via cruise is the best way to visit, but I would not recommend Princess and I would urge people to look for something more modern.

Good cruise but outdated ship

Island Princess Cruise Review by Rosycurls

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

The good:

- Cruise was small compared to others which makes it more intimate

- Food was really good, specially in the buffet

- Staff was super friendly and helpful

- Our cabin was cleaned on a regular basis

- The gym was pretty well-equipped.

The not so good:

- The ships decor looks like we were in 1980. The carpets are really outdated.

- The chairs in our balcony were not so comfy

Rosycurls’s Full Rating Summary