Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by NSnJW

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Inside

I did a B2B 6/17 to 7/1/19 because it was cheaper than one week if you consider how much more it was for the one way airfare to Vancouver and from Seward over the roundtrip to Vancouver.

I don't know how much faith you can put into my review because these were my 10th and 11th cruise and I have enjoyed them all. Some were better than others but I had a good time on each one.

The Jewel is my new favorite ship. It was cleaner and neater than most I have been on and I love the buffet layout. The buffet has 5 islands rather than long lines. If there is a line at the carving station, you can move to the other entrees and circle back later. I never had more than 3 people ahead of me for any item. Usually I had open access to the item I wanted.

Part of what made this a great cruise is the Solo program. We had a great group and there were several of us doing a B2B. The solo hosts Raphael and Queena did a great job too.

The Captain got us in close to the glaciers and seemed to do his best to make sure we got to see the sights. We had very good weather too, which didn't hurt.

I saw the General Manager pick abandoned drink cups off the deck while wearing his dress uniform. This dedication to cleanliness and detail carries over to the crew too.

NSnJW's Full Rating Summary

Inside
Cabin IX 9159/8003

Since I am cheap, I had different cabins each week. The first week was close to the food and the second week was close the the gym and theater. Since I was solo, I had plenty of room and storage. Also, I only used the room when I was sleeping or cleaning up.

Vancouver

Considering they were running three ships through at the same time, it went pretty well and fairly quickly.

Potlatch Park

Patrick was very knowledgeable about the myths, lore, and life of the native people. He was entertaining and informative. I learned quite a lot about Ketchican and the people.

View All 33 Potlatch Park Reviews
Mendenhall Glacier

The last time I visited the Mendenhall Glacier I didn't have time to go out to the falls.

This time I got a shuttle bus that runs every 30 minutes so I had all the time I needed.

Both drivers were very informative and made trip to and from the Glacier enjoyable,

View All 971 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews

I lucked out and got the same tour guide I had 3 years ago. Bryan knows the local folklore, history, lies and legends. He is funny and kind. I believe he is the best tour guide I have found yet. Loved the vistas, entertainment, and information on this tour.

View All undefined undefined Reviews