• Newsletter

First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin: Superior Verandah Suite

My husband and I did the Double Denali with 7 day cruise down the inner passage. What a mistake that was!!

I had one day on-board the Noordam before I got ill. One day to enjoy the ship - that's all. I had one day before I fell dreadfully ill with a virulent flu virus which I contracted while staying in the Holland America chalet in Denali a few days before (together with up to 90% of other people on the same holiday, according to what the medical staff on board told us).

I was told by their medical staff that it takes up to 4 days to show after infection so that takes it firmly into the Denali stay period. It was also a ‘seasonal identified influenza virus’..Presumably a local virus? We certainly never heard a holiday maker on our bus/train etc coughing - not until we got on the Noordam. Certainly by the end of the cruise people were coughing all over the ship.

Superior Verandah Suite

The cabin was spacious and comfortable, although the huge mound of rotting metal floor outside on the balcony didn't inspire confidence. The comfort of the cabin in no way made up for my treatment while I was 'isolated' and 'sanitized' in it.

12 Helpful Votes