3. Anthem of the Seas
My mom and I cruised Anthem to Bermuda in June. We cruised RCCL to Bermuda about 7 years ago and wanted to go back on a newer ship. Being that we live in NJ, the convenience of leaving out of Bayonne was great. Checking in was easy - we got to the port at 10:30 and boarded soon after. Cabins are not available until 1PM, so we wandered around the ship and then headed to the Windjammer for lunch. It was utter chaos there. We ate quickly and waited until we could get into the cabin. Our seapasses were waiting for us. We had a junior suite - it was great! Very spacious and laid out well. A nice sized balcony too. There were upgraded toiletries in the bathroom. I think the cabin was the best part of the trip because when the ship felt crazy crowded, we had a quiet balcony to retreat to. BTW - I was offered an opportunity to upgrade with a bid on 3 other types of cabins. None of my bids were accepted. I was a little bummed, but again, was happy with the cabin we had. In general, the pros: * The ship was clean * Service for the most part was good * Lots of fun activities all day * Several no extra fee dining options * Bermuda is gorgeous * The cruise port is very easy to navigate with parking located close by * We rented an electric car from Oleander to cruise around the island - great customer service and lots of fun Cons: * The disembarkation process was a pure disaster - no clear directions, and was running behind schedule. Passengers were cutting in front of others, just so much confusion to end the trip on. * The Bermuda Triangle Nature Preserve excursion - do NOT waste your money! The excursion is nothing like the description. For what it cost, you could go to Horseshoe or one of the other nearby beaches, and get lunch and beach chairs for less with a prettier view. * A big ship has a lot of people and you can tell there are a lot of people. * Technical difficulties kept us from being able to see "We Will Rock You" twice. * Same food was served in the Windjammer every day. * The sales they offer are a joke. * Extra fee dining - as if it didn't already cost a lot to go, so why pay extra for food * The thermal suite doesn't come close to what NCL offers * Cabin 13236 is right under The Living Room and was quite noisy overhead We had a good time and will sail RCCL again, just be mindful of the pros and cons.

Could have been better, could have been worse

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by staceyv64

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite with Large Balcony

In general, the pros:

* The ship was clean

* Service for the most part was good

* Lots of fun activities all day

* Several no extra fee dining options

* Bermuda is gorgeous

* The cruise port is very easy to navigate with parking located close by

Cons:

* A big ship has a lot of people and you can tell there are a lot of people.

* Same food was served in the Windjammer every day.

* The sales they offer are a joke.

* The thermal suite doesn't come close to what NCL offers

* Cabin 13236 is right under The Living Room and was quite noisy overhead

staceyv64’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin J1 13236
We had the spa junior suite and it was great. One and a half baths, great large balcony. Plenty of room!
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins