3. Carnival Sunshine
I know a lot of people love this ship, so we were excited to try it out. I found the layout not as easy as other Carnival ships. The dining room service was the worst in nine cruises. Normally, the dining room staff blows us away. I’m not sure if they had a lot of trainees, but I was unimpressed. The taller guy at the Java Blue Cafe (his tag was covered) was, by far, the best service we received. The milk shakes there are awesome, but the blue velvet cake they are still advertising as their signature dessert doesn’t exist. The spa charged us twice (once a couple months ago and again on board) for the thermal spa pass. I don’t like ships that force you thru the smoky casino to get everywhere. It was weird that the Serenity Deck was connected to the regular Lido pool deck — it was not serene. Half Moon Cay was awesome. Adam the Cruise Director was really good. All in all, it was a decent cruise, but not my favorite ship and the service could use a lot of improvement.

Ship was okay; service was blah.

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by dpacker

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior Upper/Lower
dpacker’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A 1475
We booked late, so I didn’t expect much out of a bottom floor cabin. It was near the elevator though, so it was easy access. I’m used to top floor rooms, but I didn’t feel like I was at the bottom of the ship. The room was nice and our cabin steward was very good. My only complaints — the hair dryer was difficult to use because it was attached, and I wish at least one of the closets had shelves. Storing non-hanging clothing was difficult.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins