We chose this cruise because of the ports of call. Due to the weather ( which was awful) we were not able to stop in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I did enjoy Quebec and our private tour with Tours By Locals, Claude was our guide and he was beyond excellent, I would recommend Clause to everyone going to Quebec . I also enjoy a private tour to the Bay of Fundy in Halifax by Bruce's Tours, I recommend him to all, he also was excellent. The weather is Bar Harbor caused trip to Callilac mountain to be cancelled. We were told o free bus service until July to the national park, but weather was an issue.Back to the ship. The service in the dining room was very slow, each and every night. Food was just ok. To get a good steak or fish dinner you needed to go to the speciality dining which they charge extra for. One good night in the dining room, the second gala night, the food was very good. Our room steward was excellent, always a clean room and kind friendly service.The test kitchen is located in a small room if you don't get there early you are out of luck. Same room for bingo same problem. I do not recommend going on this cruise in May weather is not good.

Family Cruise

Zaandam Cruise Review by kmackear

kmackear’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Zaandam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin B 7059
I thought our cabin would be noisy, due to the fact that it is opposite the stairs and elevators. I am glad to say that we had no problems at night with noise. The cabin was of adequate size, king size bed was comfortable and room was always kept clean by the room stewards. Binoculars were provided for us in the room which I thought was a nice touch. We also had a refrigerator in our room. All in all the room was great.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins