3. Ruby Princess
Alaska was spectacular! Unfortunately I can't say the same about my shipboard experience. The service in the bars was slow and the drinks were weak and so full of ice that after 4 sips all that was left was ice. At the guest services desk the crew were not very friendly and the men that I was served by were arrogant and abrupt. The food in the dining rooms was pretty good by not great. The buffet dining room was poorly located. There was no way to get to it without going out in the cold and then the dining room itself was cold. I didn't book excursions through the cruise line because the cost was so much higher than booking directly through the excursion companies. Overall I felt that the ship was short-staffed and as a result the service left a lot to be desired. I have cruised once before and had a terrific experience, so this time around I was quite disappointed.

Alaska is Amazing! The ship was not.

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by bmartinson4

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

bmartinson4’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV E231
The cabin was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins