3. Ruby Princess
We had a wonderful cruise because Alaska is gorgeous, however the Ruby was the worst ship I've sailed on. Not only does the ship appear old and tired, so does much of the crew. Our steward didn't address us by name, so if that's your thing, good luck. Personally, it doesn't matter to me. I'm more concerned about having service, like ice in the cabin, without having to beg a few times. It took 3 days for pre-purchased alcohol to get delivered to our cabin. The flowers finally made it on day 4. Air conditioning seems pretty basic and certainly expected in a premium aft-facing balcony. No, it's wasn't. Four phones calls, three techs, and finally we were told that would just be the temperature of the room. Never thought we would literally sweat all night on an Alaskan cruise. So, if air conditioning is high on your list, look elsewhere because sleeping on the balcony for cold air is miserable. The food...well, it's there and usually lukewarm. You pay extra for the good food. We did have the $100.00 balcony dinner and that was awesome. I can't comment on the MDR because we never went. On all other cruises, the stewards are like ninjas. You walk out your cabin for an hour and POOF, your cabin is refreshed and the bed made. Our bed was made 5 times on a 12 day cruise. I told y'all the crew seemed tired. I can say that the big suite next to us seemed to always have their door open with the steward in there. Lucky dog. Anyway, I know that I forgot a lot because this looks much too pleasant. Oh, it's a 2ft square shower with a non adjustable shower head. Take a good bath before you leave and when you get home. Not sure how a large person fits in there. Definitely can't shave legs. No, I'm never going back on Princess. Never, ever. I've sailed Holland America, Norwegian, Carnival and Princess is absolutely last place.

1st and last time on Princess

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Maria2Madea

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Premium Balcony

No, I'm never going back on Princess. Never, ever.

PrincessCruises3, Social Team, Princess Cruises has responded
We're sorry to hear you had a disappointing cruise experience aboard Ruby Princess. We definitely intend for all guests to have a wonderful time during our cruises and wish you had a better experience.
Maria2Madea’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin B4 C753
Very small cabin with a ridiculously small shower stall. Very nice balcony.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins