3. Brilliance of the Seas
Took this cruise in celebration of our daughter's 40 birthday. Everything was perfect, with a few exceptions. Be aware that "Anytime Dining" does NOT mean that the time they schedule you for is confirmed. You MUST make a reservation or be prepared to wait. There was a child that could take control of the general intercom and interrupt cruise activities. This line is very conscious of precautions to limit norovirus, as there are hand cleansing areas throughout the ship, which was a comfort. Tendering was handled expediently, but be aware that when tendering, watch both your step and head. I have a bloody lump to support the precaution. Ship personnel were fast to my aid and it really was minor. Some of the theatrical shows were a little lame, but the big musical production was one of the best I have seen on a cruise ship. Drinks can be a little pricey, but the drink card should help the cost. We aren't too big on imbibing, but the little we did was costly. Unless you plan to do water sports, buy jewelry or drink, touring Grand Cayman was a waste of time and we were back on the ship in short time. Cozumel has a nice tourist area and, since we been to Cozumel many times, we kept our visit there. I was amazed that when buying Cuban cigars, the sellers want cash. Since we had just taken an island excursion and bought items and tips, we were low on cash, so the cigars were never bouught.

With a couple of exceptions, a good cruise

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by cruiser2148

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Took this cruise in celebration of our daughter's 40 birthday.

Everything was perfect, with a few exceptions.

cruiser2148’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 4B 8672
Excellent room. Beautiful view of the horizon. Clean and comfortable. Cabin steward was exceptional and helpful. BUT, be prepared to walk a "fer" piece to your room. But worth it for the quiet.

One problem that was fixed the very next day of the cruise was that the AC system was TOO cold and it appeared the thermostat did not work. Froze the first night under covers, but as I said, when it was reported it was fixed quickly.

Only other minor problem was the smell of diesel from the tugs pushing the ship out of port and the sound of the tugs or supply vessel on the last night from about 2:30 to 6:00. Neither of which would keep us from booking the same area, but maybe a deck higher.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins