3. Celebrity Reflection
Let me apologize from the start to all the Celebrity fans out there because my review will be very negative. My wife and I have sailed over 20 times on various cruise lines and this cruise was not one of our favorite cruises. My wife and I wanted to try Celebrity Cruise Line since many people recommended them to us. And since we wanted to go to Mardi Gras, we booked the cruise on Celebrity that stopped in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. From the very begining, our experience was not good. First, Celebrity's website is very difficult to use when you are trying to find information related to your cruise. You almost need to have a map on how to find information on their website because it is not easy to navigate. Secondly, they are very expensive compared to other cruise lines. Their drink packages, internet packages, spa packages, etc. cost way more than you pay on other cruise lines for the same level of service, no difference of service. Their shopping stores on board are very high end and the average person can't afford to buy much of their products. Finally, from the time you get on the boat, their staff is constantly bugging you about buying one of their various packages. This goes on every day (even the last night on ship) in the buffet area or around the pool or in the various venues around the ship. It really gets annoying. Third, beware of your shore excursions. We booked a shore excursion for a Mardi Gras parade. The print out of the excursion stated that you will have a front row seat to watch the parade. What they didn't say is that they will over book the excursion and by the time we arrived, our seats were around the corner and watching the parade after it goes by seeing the back end of the floats and bands. Let's just say many of us who attend received refunds the next day. It was poorly planned, poorly executed, and very over prices for what you received. On another shore excursion, it stated it would be a three hour tour but we were back to the ship in two hours and really didn't find the excursion very interesting compared to the write up about the excursion. Next, as for the vessel, we found it to be dark and blah. The hallways are dark looking, various venues are very dark, the theater and dining rooms are dark. We were playing bingo in the venue "Celebrity Central" and several passengers asked if the lights could be turned up. The host stated that the lights are up all the way. The decor around the ship is not very appealing and does not promote a welcoming/positive feeling. The meals were nothing special. In fact, I think we found the buffet area had better food then the Opus dining room. I am stating this because, the cooks in the dining room could not cook a steak. I had steak three times in 10 days. I order it medium first time and then the next two times medium rare. All three times, my steak was well done. There were a couple times where the meat was very tough to eat and finally, they offered limited choices of meals some of which didn't make much sense. For example, lobster tail with rice. The staterooms are not very well layed out. There is limited space to store your clothing and other items. The bulk of their storage is located in over head bins above the bed. For most of us, we can reach the bins but for individuals in their late 70s or 80s, they would have a problem reaching up there. And the location is not very convenient. As for the staff, there were several that were very helpful and very friendly. First, our room steward for room 8344, Satdish was very good and very friendly. Always had our room looking inviting, clean, and comfortable. Next was the gal who greeted you on the 4th floor when entering the Opus dining room. Here name was Sofia and she was very friendly and always ensured we had our requested table ready when we arrived. Then their was our assistant waiter Tenci. He knew what we wanted before we knew that we were going to order it. He was on the ball, ensured we were well taken care of. Plus he ran circles around the waiter who had it head up were the sun does shine and should not be a waiter. Finally, our bar waiter in the Opus Dining Room, Gede was outstanding and extremely friendly. And he always ensured our order was quickly served before our meal began. All these individuals I mentioned should be promoted. Over-all, I can't say the cruise was totally bad or not enjoyable. However, I find that Celebrity is not what I expected. Celebrity is an over price cruise line whose main objective is to get you to buy, buy, buy while on the ship. If this is suppose to be an upscale cruise line, well lets just say there are much better cruise lines to consider. I would never ever recommend Celebrity to anyone even if Celebrity was the last cruise line on earth.

Boy, were we surprised!

upexplorer2013’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah
Cabin 1A 8344
The cabin are not designed very well. Storage is limited and not very convenient. Our cabin steward was excellent and he always had our room tip top shape and very comfortable. However, we have had much better staterooms on other cruise ships.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins