3. Carnival Magic
I chose this cruise because I wanted a ship with the newer waterworks for the kids and the itinerary looked good. Overall everything was great. Embarkation- They have this down pat. We were sitting still in a line for about 10 minuets just before we were able to get on the boat, but it really was a breeze. Just make sure you have all your documentation ready to go. We stayed in 7358- an ocean suite (OS). We chose this because it was all four of us staying in a cabin and my youngest boy is special needs. I like to have just a little extra footage in the room. The bathroom has a little more room too. Really the only upside I see to the suite vs. a balcony is a little more room- but not a whole lot more. I definitely wouldn't pay for it if the kids weren't with. Room was ready for us when we boarded. It was fairly clean. Our room steward was nice and did a good job. We have had others that have been more personable, but really no complaints. We were bummed that a stuffed animal of my sons seemed to have gotten mixed up in the sheets and was never seen again. We checked with our steward, guest service who checked with laundry etc. but it was never found. At least he was lost in a happy place:) Food- we are not picky eaters. We are always just happy not to have to cook for ourselves. There really is something for everyone on this ship. The dining room food was always excellent and I ordered two entrees on prime rib night:) Dining room staff was a little bit slower then what we have experienced in the past, but not bad. I love that they had my iced tea with lemons ready to go each night after night 1. Entertainment / Activities- we went to most of the shows in the theater and they were good. The singers and dancers on the ship are truly talented. The cruise director was funny and seemed to actually enjoy his job. The deck party was was fun- the staff did their best to lead the crowd. My son and I had so much fun dancing together. Kids programs- My older boy (12) did the Circle C program. He met several friends and wanted to hang with them most nights. We would let him go with them after dinner. There were some organized activities that they all would participate in. I used the Hub app to be able to message him and to keep tabs on what he was doing. That form of communication is not perfect though. He would not always get my messages. I did not like this as I wanted to know where he was all the time. It's a tough age- he wants a little freedom, but I want to make sure hes safe and not being a bother to other passengers. We did sign my younger one up for his program too, but he wanted to stay with us the whole time. He only stayed there a very short time. Ports- nice stops. I have just come to the conclusion that I do not like ports that you have to take a water taxi to. It takes up more time and more lines. The Magic- We like the bigger ships. More food options and things to do. The only time we really stood in lines was getting on and off the boat and at the buffet at prime time for breakfast or lunch and the lines usually move pretty fast. My kids LOVE the 24 hours ice cream and pizza. We ended every night with both before bed:) My kids liked the waterworks, but surprisingly only spent time there once. We did the mini golf, which was a fun thing to do together. We also all did the sky course. They has a blast doing this- dangling over the ocean:) Debarkation- Again- they know what they are doing. Very smooth process. We had no problem getting off the ship and finding our luggage that we had set out the night before. I definitely would recommend this cruise- relax, go with the flow and have fun!

Western - parents with two kids (12 & 9) OS

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by jkeiner

I definitely would recommend this cruise- relax, go with the flow and have fun!
jkeiner’s Full Rating Summary