3. Carnival Vista
This was my second time on Vista. I love the ship! I did not get to do as much on board as I did last time, but I still had lots of fun. The problem with over 4000 guests on a single ship is that everything is crowded all the time. I ate in the dining room every night except on Belize day when I ate in the steakhouse. Both were great experiences. Only 2 dishes I did not like this time. My server in the main dining room, Angie, was great! She cared for our needs well and was enthusiastic about her involvement in the dining room activities. I even saw her working an extra shift in the Lido Buffet. She came up to us and spoke and was just fun to be around. My room steward, Michelle, was also very attentive to the needs of my family and myself. She did a great job. We talked many times and I appreciated her personal touch even though I know they are extremely busy. The room was nice and clean. I think it had 1 fewer closets than the last room. This time we were in 7393. Last time it was 7388. We appreciated the vast selection of movies for little or no charge when mom and myself got badly sunburned and spent time in bed. The negatives this time were that there was no Meet & Mingle due to lacking support among Cruise Critic members and a disorganized debarkation. The lacking support seems pathetic to me (I threatened to quit CC because of it) but Laura, the Senior Community Manger, helped me to find value in what I can get from CC so I stayed. The debarkation is always disorganized. I think the main difficulty is that persons with lower priority bum rush the gangplank as soon as debarkation begins. It causes a huge bottleneck and Carnival Staff has no effective way to control this situation. I suggest they have 30 minute appointment windows that passengers can choose for debarkation time. Also some enticement to stay on board a little longer would help. The best experience I have had in this regard was on Freedom when we stayed on board until they made us leave. There was almost no line that way. Getting to ride the Skyride was next to impossible. I stood in line 30 minutes 1 time and was only a few steps from the entry ramp when a worker sent many of us out of the line for not having closed toed shoes (no signage I saw). When I came back a few minutes later the line was over 1 hour long and I opted out. I get the distinct feeling that the Staff does not want to run this activity. It was closed most of the cruise for a multitude of excuses, few of which seemed valid. I had Bottomless Bubbles and was able to get service easily enough that it prompted me to tip a few times. They do not have Diet Dr. Pepper but do have Coke Zero which is my second choice. I also like being able to switch choices easily and Bottomless Bubbles makes that easy. On my last cruise I got a refund of the Bottomless Bubbles charge because I had been refused service several times. We watched the Comedy show on the last night. It was ok but not great. I had an obstructed view (pole in the way) that may have affected my enjoyment. My sister did not seem overly thrilled either. Some of the jokes left me thinking of how I could become the focus of a YouTube video because I chose to laugh at something inappropriate. Thank God I am not a politician and I will never be one for just that reason. The port of Costa Maya seems to be a brand new stop for Carnival and it shows. it seemed very disorganized and our shore excursion was an unadvertised 90 minute commute. If you are on a Costa Maya itinerary, be aware if it says "Bacalar" you are in for a long uncomfortable ride. It was so long that the Excursion Guide encouraged us to take a nap on the ride home. The fort is impressive. The swimming is not. I plan to sail on Vista again but I will try to avoid Costa Maya.

Cruise was great

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Carnival Crazy Bill

I plan to sail on Vista again but I will try to avoid Costa Maya.
Carnival Crazy Bill’s Full Rating Summary