3. Norwegian Getaway
This is my 5th cruise, but my 1st with Norwegian. The previous 4 cruises were with Royal Caribbean. I have to say both cruise lines are fabulous and very similar. Embarkation & Disembarkation went pretty well. Disembarkation was a little confusing as I called the night before to see when we should get off the ship and guest services told me I had until 10am. Our room attendant knocked on our door at 8:30am and told us we needed to be out of our room. I wish they had told me that when I called guest services the previous day. The ship is really beautiful. Well kept and spotlessly clean. The interior was beautiful and very well designed. They only really have 1 pool and that gets crowded. They don't have an indoor pool and hot tub section which was interesting to me...Royal Caribbean has what they call a Solarium and that is something I definitely missed onboard the Getaway. However, my husband and I did buy spa passes to the thermal suite, which was just fabulous. Hot tubs, saunas, salt room therapy, a nice indoor pool with jets, heated chairs. It was a really tranquil place but it does cost extra. But we used it every day and it was wroth every penny. Our cabin was on the small side, but we picked the cheapest option so that's what I suspected. However, it was maintained well and the bed was comfortable. TV on cruise ships are terrible lol! But we brought our computer and were able to stream Netflix with the premium internet package. Dining was great - Breakfast buffet was always crowded, which was the only annoying thing but we were able to find seats every morning. Only had to wait a half hour some nights to be seated for dinner. Food was very good and service was excellent. Also tried the raw bar, the sushi bar and the noodle bar and those were all delicious too. The service at the raw bar & sushi bar was phenomenal and the food was SO good! Entertainment - we only saw burn the floor and 2 comedians that were onboard. 1 comedian was very funny, the other was just ok. The dancers from burn the floor was FANTASTIC. Ports - I gotta be honest, my husband and I had a blast this vacation, but these were probably my least favorite ports. Roatan, Honduras was fun - we did a monkey and beach excursion (not with NCL). The beach was nice, but super crowded and lots of vendors approaching to buy things. Harvest Caye Belize was disappointing for me. Water was murky and cold. Beach was nice and lots of shopping. But very touristy and just overall disappointing to me. Costa Maya we did the mayan ruins and a lagoon excursion (again not with NCL) and the excursion was fun. Cozumel was another disappointment. We went to Paradise beach and it just wasn't what I was expecting. Probably a lot of fun for kids because they have blow toys in the water. But the beach itself was full of seaweed, fairly small and not great for walking and the water was murky. Overall we had a fabulous cruise. The ports were just not my favorite and we also didn't have the best weather. Not terrible, but overcast a lot of days and rained the last day.

Beautiful ship

slhannold’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin ID 9401
Small, with a beam out front. It was at the very front of the ship so you feel a lot of movement.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins