3. Norwegian Escape
I’ve been going on cruises since I was young and this was my worst experience, not completely the fault of the trip but it definitely could’ve been much better. Embarking went by smoothly as my family always goes on board as early as we could. We had our lunch buffet and went to familiarize ourselves with the ship. Our luggage was waiting for us when we got to our room on the 11th floor. We had our thermal spa booked and our dining reservations done so all that was left was to sit back relax and enjoy our vacation The shows that were available was 2 theatrical ones and the rest were comedies that our family of both young and older did not enjoy, to describe it in one word it sucked. For such a long cruise we expected at least 5 or more theatrical shows even if it was only for 30 or so minutes like my other ones. Our trip started going downhill when we were ready to go to the private island, grand cayman that required you to take a small boat to get on the island, but was unable to because of the rise in sea level, which I understand is for safety reasons but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t alter the plans so that we go to a different port since we pay to go to all of the ports. They did offer the port and government fee back but that doesn’t make up for our disappointment. Going to Ocho Rio, Jamaica was great we went to the Dunn’s falls and reggae hill tour and had a great time besides getting injured during our climb up the waterfall. That’s when things went from bad to worse, acute gastrointestinal was on the cruise and it infected enough passengers for them to take action which meant longer lines at the buffet, the closing of the thermal spa and more time used to try to contain the highly spread illness. What’s worse is that even though they did everything they could to stop the spread, it did not stop many from having stomach problems in this cabin. The staff overall were great and the cabin since it was one that had a double sink and a larger balcony room felt as spacious as a cruise could be. The family was really disappointed at the 14 day cruise since a lot of time was spent feeling ill, having back pain due to a poor mattress, not being able to go to a port that was greatly looked forward too, plus a lot of waiting on long lines. The good was the one tour we took, the staff that did their best with singing the Washie washie song and making a good atmosphere over all even though the circumstances weren’t too bright, the different foods available at the buffet especially coconut ice cream, and the ports that we were able to go to were greatly enjoyable. The morning of disembarkation was pretty hectic at the buffet because of long lines that were confusing to many of the passengers on board. Just waiting for plates and utensils took 10 minutes and then waiting for the food took another 5 minutes just to get to the food. Getting off the ship though went by smoothly, we carried our luggage ourselves and got through customs with no problems. I would definitely go to a cruise again not because of this cruise but because our family enjoys cruising.

Good to bad to worse

mimi88lulu’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MX 11802
The bathroom was large but at times the toilet would overflow with water and you would have to flush again for it to realize that it had enough water in the toilet bowl. The shower head couldn’t stay up but we did enjoy the dual sink. The mattress wasn’t very comfortable, according to my sister it was the worst because it caused her back to hurt everday even though she’s 18.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins