Vision of the Seas Cruise Review

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Buzzbea

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

My husband and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary on Vision. We chose it for two reasons. We wanted to spend a day or two in New Orleans so we looked for a ship leaving from that port. We also wanted to be cruising rather than dealing with any departure problems on December 23. Vision's itinerary was perfect.

If you are "willing to share", breakfast in the Main Dining room is a great way to meet new people. The hot tubs in the adults only solarium are too. We visited with folks from Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. Others had come from India or the Philippines. Of course there were lots of folks from Texas, Alabama and Arkansas as well.

The service on Vision was wonderful. Although I was warned the My Time Dining would mean that we would wait for a table and get a series of waiters, this did not prove to be the case. I made daily reservations to suit our schedule and Roberto and Manoj were always there to greet us.

The food was wonderful in both the Main Dining room and in the Windjammer. The menu in the Main Dining room had many new and interesting options. It made each meal an adventure. However, I did find that I was able to make delicious, healthy choices in the Windjammer.

We went to a show one night only, on a cruising night. After a day snorkeling or climbing a pyramid we were too tired to stay up late.

Buzzbea's Full Rating Summary

Junior Suite
Cabin J2 8060

Great cabin. It was not far from the main stairs or elevators. However, it was far enough away that noise from enrichment activities in the Centrum did not disturb. The cabin was spacious with plenty of closet space and drawers. I found the bed quite comfortable. The balcony had two comfortable chairs, a table and an unobstructed view.

Buzzbea