3. Carnival Liberty
We were looking for a quick, inexpensive getaway with no kids and the Liberty out of Port Canaveral fit the bill. All of our previous cruises have been on Fantasy class ships so we were looking forward to seeing what a larger ship had to offer. We did arrive the night before and stayed in Cocoa Beach. The beach was nice enough but the area itself, including the hotel, was a little dated. Nothing wrong with it, just dated. As for parking, we chose to save some money and park at Park Port Canaveral. No complaints and I'd do it again. Check-in time was 11:30 and we arrived around 11:15. I'd say we were on the ship a little before 12 as everything went very smooth. Once on board we stopped at the bar for a drink and then started to explore the ship. Nothing stood out one way or another honestly. There seemed to be more (or at least bigger) fun shops and the layout was a little different than we were used to but again, nothing to complain about. One of the best things on this cruise was our room. We had an interior room on the Lido deck and I'd do that again in a heartbeat. That's where we spend most of our time and it was so convenient to be able to walk out of our room and within a few steps be at one of the bars or pool area. The room itself was laid out nicely and the bathroom was bigger than what we thought it would be (pleasant surprise). As far as food goes....sadly we never made it to the main dining room. However, we did go to the steakhouse on night one (free bottle of wine) and that meal was very, very good. I highly recommend the Australian Wagyu. We absolutely love Guys burgers and Blue Iguana. I'm not a fan of the burritos, but the tacos and huevos rancheros are highly underrated. This was the first time trying the Seafood Shack and we liked that well enough as well. Finally, the pizza isn't bad at all for a cruise ship. We had never experienced the Alchemy Bar before and I'm not sure we can cruise without it. We absolutely loved the drinks there. Also, it's not really published, but on a sea day they offer a mixology class for around $15 and it's about the most fun I've had on a ship. There's only 5 people in the class, you make drinks...drink drinks and I don't know what else to say other than we had a blast. Other places on the ship that we liked included the Serenity area, gym and the casino. Freeport was Freeport and the weather at Princess Cay was crappy but there's nothing Carnival can do about that. We were there to relax and that's what we did. Debarkation was a breeze. We took our own bags off the ship and once we decided to leave the ship it took all of 10 minutes maybe. Overall, there's nothing bad I'd say about this ship as it's just fine to me. A cruise is what you make it and we may not have had the most ideal weather but the service was great and quite frankly, we were on a cruise and had a great time!

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Carnival Liberty

cruiserbrianj’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 9209
Cabin had a spacious bathroom and there was plenty of room to move around. There was more than enough closet and drawer space as well. The cabin was equipped with a mini fridge too.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins