Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by SergeantB

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Pros: Cabin was great - very clean - and my cabin steward, Inna, was very nice and very professional. The ship was decorated for Christmas, which was a nice surprise. The Playlist productions were pretty good. I went on the Mayan Ruins and Island Sightseeing tour in Cozumel and it was fascinating! The tour guide, Cesar, is of Mayan descent and really brought their history to life. Embarkation and debarkation were pretty smooth.

Cons: I wasn't really thrilled with the food. Ate in the MDR twice for dinner and once for breakfast, Guy's Burgers twice, and Pirate Pizza four times. So, a total of nine meals over five days. Plus, I did the Chef's Table, which was postponed until the last night of the cruise. The appetizers and seven courses contained a lot of fish (and chocolate) dishes, which I don't eat so that was a hundred bucks down the drain. Would probably be good if you eat those items. Most activities seemed to run late. I purchased the Cheers Package and was very disappointed with it. The drinks were very weak and took a long time to be served. It was almost as though once they saw the Cheers sticker on your card you didn't matter because they already had your money. I'm cruising on the Ecstasy in April so well see how it measures up.

SergeantB's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8B U235

The cabin was great! Very clean and plenty of room. Of course, I was traveling by myself so that helped. I would definately bring clip magnets to attach to the bottom of the shower curtain because it blows in on you and is very aggravating. Since I didn't have any, I thoroughly wet the curtain so the weight of the water would help hold it down.

SergeantB