Norwegian Sky Cruise Review

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by ShhSierra

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

When I first booked this cruise I was super pumped because a couple people I know have recommended Norwegian. Getting to the port and on the boat was a breeze and didn't have to wait long at all.

When we got on the boat we were all directed to one of the buffet which was total chaos because there was so many people waiting in line, it was hot and very uncomfortable. Once everyone we couldn't even change in a different outfit because it took them all day to get our bags to our room so we weren't able to lay out or get in the pool. So we waled around the ship to find something to do and there was nothing. Everything opened up @ 5, so after finding out that everything didn't open up till 5 we went back to our room to check it out, just to be even more disappointed.

We chose a cabin w/ out a window which was fine I wasn't expecting a big fancy room, but the room was very outdated and dirty, the light switches were ungodly disgusting I cleaned them myself because I couldn't believe how filthy they were, our bathroom door was falling apart and had rust on the bottom of the door. The bed was hard as a rock by the end of our cruise my back was screaming. Overall the cabin had good storage & Safe. Also our person who cleaned our room was fantastic and sweet.

We had ate at the Buffet, both of the Main Dinings, Cafe, Steak House and Sushi Bar.

I think we ate at the Buffet once the first day were they directed us, they did NOT have a good selection of food at all, I was not impressed. We ate at the Cafe for breakfast and lunch because half the food did not look appetizing in the buffet. We ate at the Main Dinings for dinner and they had good selection of food and was very yummy service was great in one area, the other dining room "Crossings" had terrible service I felt like I was waiting for my food forever, and he couldn't understand what I was saying so he kept forgetting items. After the second day of eating at the Main Dining rooms we decided to try the Steak House. Very Very good and very good service. We also tired the Sushi Bar, also very very good and also very good service!

What really got to me was the entertainment on the boat, it was terrible. We didn't get off the boat for two of the locations because the weather for one wasn't the greatest and we've been to Nassau before. So we expected some activity on the boat for people who didn't get off. No there was absolutely nothing they did not accommodate to anyone who didn't get off the boat and like I said before nothing opened up till 5 like the casino or the shop. Couldn't really lay out in crappy weather. At night they would have shows but they were so crowded because they only had one giant area so half the people were standing so it wasn't enjoyable.

But I've come to conclusion on this boat they have a open bar so why provide good food & good entertainment when you have a bunch of drunks on the boat? NOT IMPRESSED

ShhSierra's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IC 8337

I loved the lady who made up our room everyday she was awesome.

Miami

Was very quick getting on and off the boat!

ShhSierra