3. Celebrity Constellation
Saw the cruise advertised in the newspaper and it looked very appealing. The cost was just over £5000 but as my wife and I were about to celebrate "special birthdays" and wedding anniversary we thought we would treat ourselves to a "special Holiday". We even upgraded to concierge class for that little bit of extra luxury and service. None of which did we get. Flew to Venice via the private terminal Stanstead. Very nice. On arrival in Venice the fast boarding we had paid extra for in "concierge" just didn't happen. We queued with everybody else. The ship itself turned out to be very disappointing . Very old and held together for the most part by paint. A lot of the internal furnishings had also seen better days. On Entering our cabin we were greeted with a torn valance around the bed, water marks on all the surfaces left by glasses and a large grease mark on the wardrobe door. All of which were still there when we left the ship 10 days later. The balcony had dirty screens and were covered with paint. Obviously the ships painters didn't use Specsavers as this was quite prominent all over the ship. Dining. On our previous cruises we have always had late dining sitting. On this ship, for reasons unknown to ourselves we were given "Select Dining". That in a nutshell is when you stand and wait outside the dining room until there is room for you to eat. Hurried through so as to make room for the people still waiting outside. Awful Entertainment was very good as was the places we visited on the cruise. Tipping. I always have a problem with this on cruises and on this ship I felt it really was in your face. I don't disagree with tipping in the long run but what these shipping lines seem to recommend is rather disgusting. If all the passengers were to abide to their tipping recommendations, this ship would have made just short of a million dollars. Ridiculous. I paid my own tips to the people that I had had dealings with and it obviously was not enough as they never spoke to me again. Disembarkation went very smoothly and to be frank, I was rather looking forward to getting Summary. I don't think that I shall be cruising for a long long time.

Celebrity Constellation. 10 day Greek Island Cruise.. August 2018

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by valnig

Entertainment was very good as was the places we visited on the cruise.

valnig’s Full Rating Summary