3. Celebrity Summit
With all the gigantic ships getting all the buzz in recent years, it was nice to sail a smaller ship, and still have more than enough activities, food, entertainment, and whatever else any other ship offers. Benefits of smaller ship: less walking around, less memorizing where everything is, easier to find family/friends, seeing familiar faces over again, and less crowds (yes, its LESS crowded thanks to fewer passengers). Not having to wait in line for breakfast for 15 minutes to get a waffle was much better than any other cruise I've been on. The ship looses a star for a few things: (1) the Buffet food was really hit or miss. One area of the buffet, and I get delicious asian chicken; another area of the buffet I get something that looks like chicken but is basically rocks. (2) The wait time in the main dining room was just too long. I don't know if this is me being spoiled by fast-paced NYC restaurant workers, or something was just wrong. On formal night, I think we watied 45min-1hour for entrees, and 45min to get into the restaurant without reservation (the people with reservations were also waiting a long time, somehow). So in the interest of not loosing valuable cruise time, sometimes I had to settle for doging ridiculously dry meat at the Buffet during dinner. (3) Perhaps most importantly, we did not know walkie talkies with multiple channels were not allowed on board, so our walkie-talkie plan of avoiding the purchase of an internet plan (something like $25 per night, per person) failed. If you plan on using walkie-talkies, make sure you get one without channels (we were told this was called a "straight walkie-talkie", although I never heard of such a concept). As a result, we ended up coughing up over $600 for internet for 4 people on a day trip (because that's just how my family is... impossible to find otherwise). Two more EXCELLENT things: Cheesecake!!! On deck 5, just keep grabbing cheesecake and other delicious deserts until they run out... all included in your cruise price! This was not something I had seen on other cruises (RC and Destiny), so it was a huge plus! HOT Apple Crumb Cake!!! In the main dining room... the unthinkable happened: a dessert that beats Carnival's infamous Chocolate Melting Cake! Sadly, this hot apple crumb cake with ice cream was removed from the menu for the rest of the cruise! Celebirty cruises absolutley should have this as an everyday menu option! Possibly the single most delicious things I have ever tasted. In short, I do recommend this cruise: Adults and family trips (not so much for small children). Sad to see this ship being taken out of service, but hope the new one will be even better.

Cozy ship with lots to do

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by rafaelu36

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda

The ship looses a star for a few things:

Two more EXCELLENT things: