3. Carnival Sunshine
We chose carnival sunshine to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. The port of calls were Amber Cove, Saint Thomas, San Juan, and Caicos ‘s and Turks. We noticed that the ship seemed to be at full capacity of people, making it very crowded on the inside and outside of the ship. Every evening dining we would spend over 2 1/2 hours in the dining area due to service being maxed out. Due to that we would miss several shows. During the morning and lunch times, you would be lucky if you got a server to get your order for a soft drink. Inside the hallways where the rooms were had a very bad smell of sewage and the floor on hallway one you could feel holes underneath the carpet making it where people would almost fall.The first night we had no hot water in our room. When we ported at San Juan, the ship was delayed from leaving due to mechanical failure. When they finally got the ship back in operation they stated that we would not be stopping at Caicos and Turks. The main reason we decided to cruise with carnival was to visit Caicos and Turks for our anniversary. The captain decided to give each person a $50.00 dollar reimbursement. I don’t feel that $50.00 made up for a port of call that I paid more for. When contacting carnival customer service the answer I got was I’m sorry that you had a bad experience and I will have this looked into. No offers of refunds or discounts at all.

Don’t waste your money on sunshine

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by KevinPE

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Upper/Lower
KevinPE’s Full Rating Summary

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A 1489
Roomy, but no hot water.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins