3. Norwegian Pearl
Wanted to visit Alaska - on my 'bucket list!' This cruise was the best for the price I could afford. Embarkation went very smoothly. I booked with NCL for transportation to & from the ship. The driver on the arrival day made the ride to the ship like an excursion with interesting details about the area we passed through. Disembarkation was made easier with the free valet service which enabled me to get my boarding pass & airline tag for my luggage the night before. Luggage was put out for the crew to collect as usual. Did not see it again until I arrived at my destination! Did wonder whether it would be there. It was! Excellent! Unfortunately, I missed two activities I would have enjoyed on the daily list. Most were of no interest to me. Entertainment, again, I missed the first performance which I would have enjoyed. Did attend the final event which was well done. The food was O.K. but not as good as on prior cruises with another line. Shore excursions were excellent except for that in Victoria. The one I had booked was cancelled due to time/lack of daylight. The one I took should have been cancelled for the same reason. The driver was knowledgeable, but being unable to see what he was talking about made it boring - a waste of time & money - any chance of a refund? Over all, I enjoyed the cruise. The scenery is beautiful. The whale sightings were not as good as hoped for, so may be I'll have to go again!! The crew were all friendly and helpful. I appreciated the time spent in Glacier Bay with the captain ensuring that we were close enough for good views.

A relaxing & enjoyable vacation.

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Kay127

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

The food was O.K. but not as good as on prior cruises with another line.

Kay127’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 9115
Initial setup awkward as left only about a foot each side of bed. As there was no chair, had to sit on bed. First day, got up from bed & hit bunk bed on wall face first! Fortunately no damage. Steward rearranged cabin - pushed bed up against wall under bunk bed & all was well. Had understood that this was a double cabin, but only one set of drawers. Fine for me - travelling on my own, but would not accommodate two people. From third day, could only get cold or icy water in shower. Stopper in sink did not work. Otherwise, cabin comfortable & steward did an excellent job.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins