3. Norwegian Gem
We chose this cruise secondary to the itinerary. The cabin was quite small compared to other NCL ships we have been on. Our steward did not turn down our bed three nights out of seven and did not receive our usual towel animal five of the seven nights. The food in the formal restaurant was inedible much of the time, had to go to the buffet or O'Sheehans for food after disappointing meals. The entertainment was the best thing on this cruise, professional and talented performers. The rest of the staff was either average or below average, not friendly, did not go out of their way. We did most excursions on our own as they were either half or one third of the price of going through NCL. I received a card as we celebrated my birthday on one of the days we were on the ship. They sent me a card and asked if there was anything they could do to make more day more special, please let us know. I asked for a reservation for 2 at the main restaurant and their response was it's their policy not to give reservations for a party of 2, so much for them making my day special. I will not be cruising NCL again. The final blow was that we had to wait almost two hours to disembark as there was a barge in the GEM's parking space, almost missed our flight. Horrible cruise.

Disappointing

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by carol1064

carol1064’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 8540
Very small balcony, the smallest ever for a cruise, terrible service.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins