3. Celebrity Constellation
Actually a relative selected this cruise two years ago but we took her to Israel in April this year and she said that it was too much to go again. So our son and daughter-in-law came instead. Embark. We booked overnight before the cruise at Hotel Arlecchino which was at the opposite side of the plaza that has many water taxis and buses and the People Mover to the dock. Note we wanted to have 1 1/2 days in Venice before the cruise but we made a mistake with the time difference. So we had a walking tour just after landing and then in the morning we did some sightseeing and then we walked to the port, crossing the plaza and taking the people mover for 1.5€ person each way to the port and then walking to the cruise terminal. This could be stressful for those with mobility problems and/or excessive luggage. There appeared to be a shuttle but it wasn't running and there were minimal porters. Once inside, we arrived about 11:15, the process went smoothly. As Elite members we were told our room would be available after 11 but they weren't opened until 1:30. Room. We were in Aqua Class and our son and daughter-in-law were in a standard balcony room. Both rooms were clean and in reasonable repair as were most of the ship areas. They made good use of the Rendevous and Reflection Lounges, utilizing them most of the day and night. Bar staff were present but not obnoxious. Room cleaning staff were generally present and helpful. . I would have appreciated an option for vegetarian /dairy canapes. I look forward to receiving them but this time we were never able to eat all of them. Being an international cruise there were fewer participants at trivia, etc. But all the Celebrity Life staff were friendly and pleasant. More than any other ship I remember, almost every event was on time - beginning and end.I think I've seen this on other Celebrity ships too, The captains announcements can't be heard in the room. I couldn’t even find the TV Station to hear them on. This was very frustrating. BINGO seems too expensive and too little payout. Also it doesn't seem fair to disallow the Captains Club benefit (3 extra cards )on the last day. It also doesn't seem fair to not have a minutes based renewal when I used my 90 free ones and then it wasn't fair because I didn't get the credit I would have if I purchased it first instead of doing the 90 minutes The gym was basically function but their class schedule was very frustrating. The yoga and pilates classes were at 8am-9am and most of our excursions had stating times just after 8 and so we couldn't attend (I prepaid for 5 classes and only attended 1). I haven't gone to some of the production shows on other recent cruises but these were very much worthwhile. The theater was very comfortable. I apploud the designers for the great multi use of space espeically Rendevou and Reflection ships. My son kept looking for the table tennis table. He found raquets and balls but no table. But there were table tennis meetings on the schedule. We then found out that there were no tables but they must have purchased them in Athens ,by the end of the week there were two tables. Except for the last excursion day, the ship shore excursions seemed to go well. WE did a mixture of regular and third party excursions. Note it appeared that people taking private excursions often had to walk further than those on ship excursions. We had no problem exchanging some tickets when changed our mind. Overall my biggest dissappointment was there wasn't a specialist on Greek Mythology on board.

Despite the heat, a great time was had by all

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by sunshine221

sunshine221’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Aqua Class Balcony
Cabin A1 1114
Our balcony was on starboard slighly slanted to front of ship
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Archeological Museum
    There was a lot of issues with the organization but the tour was good and the reason for selecting it was wanting a trip that didnt requie walking the acropolis
    View All 55 Archeological Museum Reviews
  • Chania Botanical Gardens
    Beautiful, great guide and speaker at the botanical garden. Winding road caused some car sickness and there was some steep walking but overall very nice
    View All 1 Chania Botanical Gardens Reviews
  • Dalmation Coastal Villages
    This wasn't the exact title but we went to see an olive press and tasting and then a walled city and then a meal with muscles before heading back. It was a lot for one trip. The tour guide could have been a little more upbeat but otherwise it was great.

The second day we hired a private quide to do a walking tour of the city. Also very good.
    View All 9 Dalmation Coastal Villages Reviews
  • Olympia Archeological Tour
    There was a screw up with buses that casued confusion initially. I don't think the guide ever took a good count of people. She sent some of us to the WC and she went ahead with the most important introductory information without us. Similarly at the end of the park she said to make our way back to the entrance on our own. Then after the museum we thought we were going to the museum store but it was a private store and she was pushing her own book and other products
    View All 186 Olympia Archeological Tour Reviews
  • Ano Mera Monastery
    Not our preferencee for an excursion. The whisper units did seem to work well but the range wasnt as large as she thought. Meeting up after shopping was a little complicated
    View All 17 Ano Mera Monastery Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We were driven all around the island by a professional photographer, stopping at great sites for pictures as well as hearing the history of the island
    View All 98 Island Tour Reviews
  • Venice
    We did a private walking tour of the Jewish Quarter. The tour guide was knowledgable. We were close enough to the port to walk to the boat in the morning.
    View All 1,422 Venice Cruise Port Reviews