Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by JayneF
- Sail Date: June 2018
- Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom 10
1) Guest trash left for hours on rooftop terrace and pool area. Never happened on Oceania
2) Staff service at pool and rooftop for drinks was almost non-existent on Celebrity
3) Oceania freely gave us good water during a hot cruise. Celebrity not only took away glasses at 3:00 for you to help yourself but nickled and dimed you to death over bottled water. Sent us out on a 9 hr excursion with no free water.
4) Bar staff outdoors was rude and if you didn’t care to buy an unlimited drink package handled your request and card uncarefully. Had to watch them like a hawk. Oceania staff manners and efficiency were outstanding
5) Oceania constantly had their handrails and public surfaces being disinfected and wiped. Only thing that I ever saw Celebrity do was to keep their deck surfaces wet at very inappropriate times
6) because ONE cabin underneath the table tennis room complained, they moved both tables out onto the pool area resulting in very loud noise and ping pong balls hitting you on your chaise lounge
7) Most importantly the buffet food and service was like a Denny’s only with less selection and it took pleading to have the staff bring me hot coffee instead of having to carry it dangerouslly through a crowd. All their chef inspired food had heavy Indian spices and curry in them or the bacon and eggs were either under or overcooked. Oceania’s buffet was 5-star and often offered shrimp and lobster on the buffet. In addition Oceania is a healthier ship as they do not allow guests to touch repeated utensils at the buffet.
Will not return to Celebrity
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Oia Wine Tasting10,000 people on Santorini (4 ships). Uncomfortably crowded. Celebrity staff insisted we must not misd the last ferry at 8:30; cable car line was about 1/2 mile long at 7:30 resulting in me and dozens of others to walk the dangerous and slippery donkey path 800’ down to the ferry. Many fell and I was told there were still 600 people not yet on the ship at 8:30. Bad Planning.View All 90 Oia Wine Tasting Reviews