3. Anthem of the Seas
This was my second cruise. My first cruise was several years ago on an older ship and different line; I was not impressed with the ship or the ports, and I thought I was just not a cruiser. I finally decided to give cruising another chance, but this time I did some research. I wanted a nice/newer ship and an interesting destination. I was leaning towards Bermuda anyway, but I chose Anthem because the ship seemed very nice and I thought it would interesting to see the Statue of Liberty as we sail out (as someone who has never been to NYC). (For anyone wondering - you CAN see the Statue as you sail out, and it is just as awe-inspiring as I had imagined! :) Also it was really cool to see the Manhattan skyline, I definitely need to visit the place sometime.) We flew into Newark the morning of departure and made it to the port with plenty of time to spare. Check-in was a breeze, and I doubt it was even 5 minutes before we were on board. The ship is beautiful! I was very impressed with everything, so much better than my first cruise. My favorite area was the Solarium; it was just lovely. The only things lacking on the ship for me were a mini-golf course and/or water slides. I realize not everyone enjoys those, but I would have really enjoyed having either. Dining-wise, we only ate in the main dining room a couple of times. We took advantage of the buy-one get-one specialty dinner package (highly recommend), and dined at Wonderland and Chops Grille the first two nights. Wonderland is visually amazing and I would say is a must for foodies, but maybe not the best choice for less adventurous eaters. The portions were pretty small and some on the odd side (one "course" was a shot of tomato water - looks like water, tasted like a tomato.). My favorite was dessert. Chops was very good as well, I do not eat beef but I thought the salmon and sides were delicious. My fiancé enjoyed his steak. We also ate at the Windjammer a few times, one I really enjoyed, the others less so. And Solarium grill a couple of times (again, one meal I enjoyed, the other was just "meh".) For the most part I did not find the ship to be crowded considering the number of guests. The only areas where it ever seemed crowded were the hallway leading into Windjammer & Promenade - the main elevator bays opened up almost directly in front of the entrance of Windjammer, and that could get very crowded. (Seemed poorly planned, but hopefully RC has corrected that in newer ships.). The Promenade just seemed a bit narrow for the main concourse, but it wasn't terrible. Bermuda I thought was super interesting! We did the Hidden Gems tour (you get to go swimming in a cave!) and the Sunset Pirate cruise in a glass-bottom boat over a shipwreck - both of which I highly recommend. During both the guides shared lots of facts about the island, which to me I thought was very interesting learning about the history and geology and whatnot. All in all I was very pleased with the ship and the destination. Highly recommend. The ship is beautiful and Bermuda was beautiful, with so many things to do. I would also recommend the 5-day trip over a 4-day, as the ship is docked overnight in Bermuda and you have most of two days to explore. There really is quite a bit you can do there as well.

Anthem - Bermuda 5 day trip from Cape Liberty

wdarling78’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D 9118
We had an ocean view balcony, I was very impressed with the room - decor-wise and functionality. There was plenty of storage space for everything. Bathroom a bit small, but that's to be expected.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins