3. Anthem of the Seas
We've done 4 cruises total with Royal Caribbean and I was a little hesitant to do a cruise on the Anthem after reading some of the reviews about how crowded the "mega ships" were. Our previous cruises were on the Grandeur and the Serenade which were both smaller ships. Let me say, please don't let those reviews deter you! Honestly, our experience with Royal Caribbean has always been consistent. We had just as much fun on the Anthem as on the other two smaller ships. The only time I got irritated about the crowds was at the breakfast buffet in the Windjammer, but even that seemed to work itself out after the first day. People start to go at different times and I was still able to get all the food I wanted and find a table. There was also plenty of space on the deck with the pool...maybe not right next to the pool, but there were always chairs available for sun bathing. We were a group of 7 and we always found plenty of space over by the flow rider. So, really, no issues with the crowds or space! We booked an interior cabin and were assigned an ocean view (yay!) on deck 3 just outside of the casino. Noise did not bother me at all. It was a convenient location and our stateroom attendant was wonderful and helpful. Rooms are bigger than on the Grandeur & the Serenade. Food was very good. Love the breakfast buffet (omelets and hashbrowns so good!). The main dining room was also very good and our servers were so much fun! We loved them. We ate at Jamie Oliver's one night which was delicious. Get the planks and the fresh pasta! Sorrento's & Café Promenade are open all the time if you need a late night snack after dancing in the music hall! Entertainment & Activities: My husband and friends loved the flow rider and the sky dive simulator. They had a blast doing that and, again, there were lines, but they move fairly quickly. We played ping pong and shuffle board too. The shows were good. Spectra's Cabaret had some technical difficulties so unfortunately we didn't get to see all of it and I didn't get to see The Gift either. We LOVED the Royal Swedes, a Swedish cover band. They played almost every night. The Journey cover band was also good. The Comedian, Landry, was hysterical and had us laughing the entire time. So hopefully he's still a headliner when you are On-Board. We loved the 70's party night too. Loved the gym and the spa looked great (didn't actually get a massage, but I wanted to). Service was amazing. Everyone on-board (and at the ports we went to) was so kind and helpful and fabulous. Cannot say enough good things about the service. Also everywhere we went was impeccably clean! It's hard to keep a ship with 4,000 people spotless but they manage to do that. We loved all the ports we went to. We didn't do excursions through Royal Caribbean. WE kind of did our own thing but we loved Bermuda, Saint Martin, San Juan, and Labadee Haiti (we did the kayaks through royal there and some of us did the jet skis). Absolutely would do this cruise again in a heart beat! We had the BEST time!

So much fun!

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by slhannold

Absolutely would do this cruise again in a heart beat! We had the BEST time!
slhannold’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 1N 3236
Convenient location, didn't hear much noise, roomy and clean and awesome stateroom attendant!
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins