3. Norwegian Jade
It was a cruise of misinformation. I(and MANY) and others feel as if we were on a practice cruise. Staff could NOT answer simple questions such as... where is an ATM, a bank, a place to exchange money., what do I do when I disembark tomorrow, et.al..While overall the staff was VERY nice, friendly(as expected) the dining room staff seemed to be new/in training. Food was VERY inconsistent in the dining room. Example: prime rib, While VERY tasty, most of it was all fat.Lamb one night was very good;the next it was mutton/gamy There was no theme/logic to the food choices. This was a British Isle cruise. Only once was a native/regional dish served. Otherwise the choices might be German, Italian and Asian or a mix of something else on another night. It was as if the chef was cleaning out the freezer and just happened to serve whatever defrosted that day..Buffet breakfasts were consistently good. Disembarking was a nightmare. NCL only cared about the people who bought NCL excursions.Times advertised on land were ONLY for NCL excursions. Also we were never informed about what to expect/procedures once we got off the ship Frequently there were long walks to public transportation which involved unexpected lengthy trips(and costly).Once they let us off the ship early(8 A.M.) in a port that did not open until 10 A.M.. We were not even given a weather forecast for the next day;instead we were given the average temperature for that time of the year. I met MANY angry, disappointed passengers. One day the ship made a mistake of holding back non NCL excursion people for a good half hour and of course we all complained among-st ourselves. I would rate my overall experience 6.5. Like "they" say, when God gives you lemons make lemonade.

NCL did not care about any passenger that did not buy a shore excursion from NCL

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by happy canper

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Inside

happy canper’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Inside
Cabin IC
Standard cruise ship cabin. Very clean. Cabin staff very attentive.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins