3. Royal Princess
PROS: room Steward was excellent. The room was always clean and well-cared-for. He went out of his way to keep maintenance from happening on our balconies when we were gone during the day. In particular it said on the paperwork that varnishing the railings would take place. It has a really stinky smell which makes me sick. The varnishing did not end up happening, but it was very nice that he went out of his way to make sure that they did not do that on our balcony. Our waiter did an excellent job and the food was provided in a timely manner. The Escape Room activity was fantastic! We have never seen that on any cruise ship we have been on and would love to do it again on our next cruise. The assistant Cruise director was a man who was in charge and I'm sorry I cannot remember his name. He did a great job on this activity. Cons: smoker on balcony which at first I could not tell where it was coming from. I called to the front desk and they wanted to know which room it was in which is next to Impossible because when you stand with your back on the railing and look up all of the rooms are in a straight line so you can't see individual balconies. The Crown Princess had the rooms staggered so it was easier to tell where smoking was coming from. It is not your fault that someone is smoking on the balcony, would like stronger enforcement of the no smoking policy on the balconies. Every cruise we have been on has at least one smoker that feels the rules do not apply to them. On the day we boarded the ship there was some kind of snafu and we waited in the cattle call room for way longer than we should have. It was quite frustrating. The next day we had a tender to Guernsey and on the way back we waited in the sun an hour and a half to get on a tender to go back to the ship. I asked an employee at the port what happened and he said that one of the drivers on the tender ran aground. I understand that these things happen but there needs to be a back-up plan of getting another tender right away, there is no earthly reason why people should have to stand out in the sun for an hour and a half, as some of these people were quite elderly and had a hard time standing. The same employee whom I asked what happened said, "It's okay you're on vacation." My comment was, " Yes I am but I don't want to spend it waiting in unnecessary lines." There was no comment to that. He needed to apologize on behalf of Princess Cruises as he represents you! The food was not as good quality as it was on the Crown Princess a few years ago when we went to Mexico on your cruise line. The first night I ordered roast beef which was overcooked, stringy, tough, and barely edible. The TV was out for two days and we could not watch the Wake show which gives valuable information on the ports we were in. My husband made several calls and even went to the front desk to have this problem fixed and that never happened. Getting off the ship for tours or for anything was absolutely awful, very disorganized and chaotic. People were not keeping to their lines and cutting in front of others which is frustrating. Surely, there has to be a better way! Valuable vacation time was being wasted with that chaotic mess! We had free credits on this ship that we needed to use and I used them at the spa for a massage. The massage cost at least double of what I pay on land. There was a lot of pressure to buy products at the end of the massage and the employees were snooty at the front desk of the spa. It would be nice to have more dance classes as on our last cruise with you to Mexico it had at least one or two every day. This time we had an Irish dance class taught by Lexi which was a lot of fun, but it was the only dance class offered on the entire cruise.

Royal Princess

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Kimhikes

Our waiter did an excellent job and the food was provided in a timely manner.

Kimhikes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB C235
Cabin was fine and kept well cleaned by the cabin attendant. The crown princess has larger rooms and larger balconies. There were so many other problems on the ship that the size of the room and the size of the balcony we're not as important.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins