3. Allure of the Seas
First let me apologize for how long this is, but I appreciated all the reviews so I don’t want to give less. We flew into Ft. Lauderdale the night before to make sure there would be no travel issues. I highly suggest this so there is very little stress to the beginning of a great vacation. Embarkation: There was a little confusion for our bus (hotel shuttle) that we took to the cruise terminal as to where to park, and then the cruise terminal employees weren’t sure what to do with our luggage at first. I suggest sticking with your luggage until you see that the terminal employees have securely put the luggage into one of trolleys for transport onto the ship. (One of the employees told us to do this) Once this happens though I feel that it is perfectly safe to leave it. Disembarkation: We decided to do the early disembarkation, due to the fact that our cabin would be one of the last ones allowed off the ship, and worry over airport transport, flight times etc. We left the ship at 7:20 and had no line at the gangway and almost no line inside the cruise terminal. We were back at the airport within 45 minutes, and the only reason it took that long was waiting on the shuttle we had prearranged to arrive. The ship overall is amazing. It is so large that the only time you feel like there is 6k people on the ship is during some events on the royal promenade deck. Our favorite place was the sun deck at the front of the ship. You access this by going to deck 14 and going all the way forward. It allows for the best views when wanting to see the forward side of the ship. It was only closed during high winds/strong seas etc. they were pretty good about opening it up again later. Only one time was it closed for high winds when there was honestly zero wind, but I figure if they have it closed it’s for your safety. Our second favorite place was deck 5 outside where the running track is, it goes all the way around the ship and is a nice walk at night with your significant other, and during the day it’s a great place to sit and relax to watch the water from the back of the ship-bring a frozen drink and enjoy the view. We had an interior cabin on deck 14 room 679. So in total the room was 14679. I was a Little hesitant with this room because I could find zero information about it on any review. Overall, it is a nice room. Very small, at least in comparison to the other rooms we saw when the doors were open. It does not have a couch-only a chair. The chair is right in front of the wardrobe which is inconvenient. The width of the room is the width of the bed plus a tiny side table. I thought I would hate how small it was, but I was prepared for it being tiny so I knew I needed to be as organized as possible in knowing what I brought .I knew we needed to know where everything was so it would be easy to get ready/shower/change so we didn’t become frustrated. I rolled all of our clothes in our luggage so it was very easy to put that rolled luggage into the wardrobe still rolled. We hung up all of our dresses/suits. We did leave my husbands shorts in the luggage which was very easy to roll out from under the bed and grab like a drawer. I honestly think taking the 30ish minutes to set everything up in the room and bathroom saved us a lot of time/grief for the rest of the trip. I recommend this highly (especially if you get one of the smaller rooms). It may look a little messy, because frankly there is no room, but you will know where everything is. We brought 8 towel clips and mostly used them to organize and hang stuff in the room leaving 2 to carry with us on excursions. We did bring a 3 outlet power strip and had no problem getting thru security at the terminal-they confiscated hundreds of surge protectors so don’t try those or the longer 5 outlet power strips. We also brought a small fan. I had read where someone else suggested this and I was unsure if it was worth the room it takes up. It is worth it. The noise helped drown everything else out at night and it moved the air in the cabin so it wasn’t stuffy. We also used it to help dry our bathing suits faster. I will forever bring it with us whenever we cruise in the future. My husband insisted we bring our firestick with us after reading a review of someone else doing the same, although I insisted that we wouldn’t watch tv, he wanted it just in case lol. So we followed what someone else said to do and brought along a universal remote which we synced to the tv and that allowed us to change the input to access the firestick. We did purchase the internet package to stream. The internet was very fast and we had no problem with it. You only need to purchase one package because you can log off and log into another device with no problem. We did the same thing on the firestick and had no issues. We did end up watching one movie on it when the outdoor movie was basically rained out, so we went back to the room with cookies and soda and had our own movie night, which was nice and he pointed out it was bc he brought the firestick lol. Please remember to always change the input back to the tv as you would not make the next cruiser happy with not being able to change it without a universal remote. The cabin does have an outlit sorta under and behind the bed that’s hidden, If you’re looking at the bed it’s on the right side. Also, the cabin is in the perfect location, we took the steps to go to deck 15 and most of the activities and pools are on this deck outside and if you wanted windjammer is right there also and much faster than the elevator. Dining: We ate at the windjammer for lunch and breakfast one day and never went back after eating in the dining room that night for dinner. I’ve never been a fan of buffets and after watching other people’s hygiene and seeing what was offered we preferred to eat in the dining room for everything. We did fill up our soda cups in the windjammer though, since it’s so close to our room. I suggest making reservations in advance for the dining room, you don’t have to go to the dining room all the time but having the reservation is a great option just in case. we were in American icon every time except once they put us in the grande. The wipeout cafe hamburgers don’t taste right (try at your discretion) and the hotdog place near the aqua theatre doesn’t have all beef hotdogs.There is soft serve yogurt on deck 15 next to the kids pool area and also in the wipeout cafe-if you want it to be good go early, otherwise it doesn’t have time to freeze with so many people getting it. Entertainment and activities: We went to every show-we had reserved a different show for every night and the comedy show twice, once in the beginning and the last day. The comedy show was a little different each time, I was worried it would be the same show and it wasn’t. We did reserve the aqua show for the first night because we were worried about weather canceling it and we are glad we did that as it got rocky later on during the week, although I’m not sure that’s why it was rescheduled or if it was technical issues. The ice skating was a little cheesy for the how to train your dragon (not a reserved show, but a first come first serve one during the week) and the ice games was a little confusing at first, but the skating itself is very good and I’m awe struck that they can do that when the boat is rocking so much. They offer popcorn outside of the studio B during this for 2.50 ($2.95 after tax) and it smells soo good. I ignored the craving the first show, but the second I caved and paid basically $3.00 for a small bag of popcorn. Remember if you have the refreshment package you can ask any waiter/waitress for a virgin frozen drink or soda (or the guy serving popcorn for soda) just remember the selection is vastly different from the freestyle drink machines. Mama Mia is wonderful although my husband didn’t care for the storyline, I enjoyed it and he agreed the singers are great. Blue planet was also good, the tree scene was very neat. You will notice that most of the participants in this also do the show in the aqua theatre and mama Mia which is neat. The zip line isn’t anything to write home about, especially if you’ve been to the national white water center in Charlotte, NC..but it’s still cool to say you’ve been on a zip line in the middle of the ocean on a cruise ship. We did the ice skating and that was a lot of fun, some of these little kids are just amazing, while we are just trying to not fall (I wasn’t successful in that). We didn’t bother with the flow riders as we’ve done them before and more than enjoyed watching others wipeout. We really enjoyed the hot tubs with a frozen drink-that was our go to to relax after an excursion. The service was amazing. The rc staff really know how to roll with the punches and still smile. Example: at the ice show a staff member was reserving seats for pinnacle/the really expensive rooms/whatever other club/group you can be in that means you spent a lot of money with royal Caribbean. (You know what I mean). Anyways, a lady got upset when she tried to sit there (3 rows of front row seats that clearly say reserved) and the staff member politely told her it’s reserved for those people. The woman basically lost her temper and went off on this woman. Having worked previously in cst service myself, I can’t stand people being rude and laughed internally when the staff member kept to her policy and turned her away. I laughed even harder when the seating opened up 10 minutes (I think) before the show started and anyone could sit there and I saw the lady staring from across the room pissed off. It may just be me, but if I pay 5k or more for a room I want to have seats reserved for me, also if I so choose to partake of a show. So no hard feelings plus they don’t stay empty if nobody shows as they do allow seating there right before it starts. I did not get a chance to rock climb and I was a little sad, but with how stormy it was and our excursions there was no time. Gar our room steward was amazing and kept everything clean and towels stocked. He even brought me an extra pillow and returned a library book for me at the end of the cruise. Excursions: I highly recommend snorkeling in roatan Honduras. We did the premier 3 snorkel and it was amazing. The starfish were very cool and the fish were extremely colorful at the reef. The guides were very friendly and were able to give me fins that fit my feet. They also did not require us to wear life vests once off the boat if it was obvious we could swim which was great, snorkeling in a flotation device isn’t fun. The snorkeling in costa maya, the beach snorkel excursion was frankly terrible. I’m a short person with tiny feet and a larger chest and the life vest was required the entire time. When I put it on a knew it wasn’t going to go tight enough to stay down and not ride up when in the water but they didn’t listen to me. I also needed smaller fins and they told me to just pull the straps tighter...I had to stop attempting to swim against the current three times because my fin came off (too big)and I barely caught it before it went too deep each time. The vest kept riding up and pushing my head into the water, not allowing me to pick my head up when I wanted and to me that’s terrifying as it feels like I’m not in control and drowning. I tried telling the guide again but they kept saying this way and ignoring me. Halfway thru the snorkel of which I didn’t see anything bc it had stormed the night before and the water was very murky, I was wanting to just leave. When we finally got back to the beach I found out I wasn’t the only one dissatisfied and had a terrible time swimming in “protective equipment” that made it 100x worse. (Let me state that I have snorkeled with a proper fitting life vest and had no problem) We went to the pool area just to get the sand off of us and destress from that terrible experience. My husband didn’t have a problem as his equipment fit him. The port itself is very cool and if we go back we won’t leave the port most likely unless it’s for atv’s or something similar, def never snorkeling there-all I came back with from that was a 2x1 inch bruise on my arm from the life vest while trying to swim. In Cozumel we went to San gervasio and I like history so thought it was neat. The tour guide was great and gave so much history during the bus ride. The place he took us to eat was very good. In Nassau we just did our own thing and are glad we did as we got to see much of the island, we walked to the fort and a local was at the top giving what looked like a impromptu tour. After this we tipped him as it was actually very good and appreciated. Right after that we walked down the queens staircase which is just gorgeous and then went shopping in the straw market. We felt safe the entire time and the locals were amazing with giving directions. As a side note: ladies do not forget your tampons. You will not be happy with the cardboard tampons you can purchase for 9.99.

1st Time Cruiser- overall very good experience

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Yellow_Rose

Entertainment and activities:

Excursions:

Yellow_Rose’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V 14679
The cabin is in the perfect location, we took the steps to go to deck 15 and most of the activities and pools are on this deck outside and if you wanted windjammer is right there also and much faster than the elevator.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins