• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

traveltilidrop
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2018
Cabin: Promenade View Interior

DH and I had a wonderful transatlantic -our first! Navigator of the Seas is a beautiful ship. Food choices were good, lots of entertainment and things to do, and lots of relaxing while enjoying a week at sea before hitting the first port. We had a promenade cabin which allowed us to watch the parade and disco dancing from the comfort of our cabin. The cruise was a good value, catering to a middle class crowd.

Ports:

After spending a week at sea, we docked in Ponta Delgada, Azores. We went on a tour of the twin lakes (Sete Cidades)- one green, one blue. We then headed out to a park, and finally a very rushed visit to the pineapple plantation. We had only 20-25 minutes there and needed 45. We did visit the various stations (greenhouses) to see how the pineapple grew, however, there was a huge line to get into the gift shop, so we skipped that and got back on the bus. There were many other buses there at the same time which caused backups at all of the greenhouses. Really unfortunate that the arrival times of the various tours could not have been spread out a bit more.

Promenade View Interior

You will hear noise from the promenade on nights when singers and musicians are performing, but it usually ends around 11. I also heard faint music being played from nearby lounges, as noise travels, but overall, I enjoyed the cabin and felt it was a good choice for the money.

Port Reviews

Miami

Spent one night in Miami pre-cruise so I didn't get to see the city.

Vigo

Walked around the city on our own to O Castro and a local shopping mall.

La Coruna

Walked around on our own and visited The Tower of Hercules, dating from Roman times. Wonderful opportunity to explore the tower and learn its history.

Paris

Quick trip to Honfleur to walk around and explore on your own.

Southampton

Walked to the train station and took a train to London. Wished I could have seen something of the city, but I had an abundance of luggage which weighed us down.

1 Helpful Vote