3. Carnival Pride
I dont think any cruise with toddler is going to be relaxing, but it certainly was fun! We were asked to go on this cruise by my parents and certainly werent going to say no. We have never been on Carnival before, but Royal Caribbean several times The embarkation process was as smooth as it could be. We had Faster to the Fun and were dropping off our carry on luggage within an hour of entering the parking lot. Our cabin steward (Ryan) did a great job cleaning the room, though we hardly got to interact with him. Our son was too young (by a month!) for Camp Ocean, but I did appreciate that they had times that under twos could come in and play. This times weren't especially convenient though, and I had a crew member tell me they didn't have anything for his age once when I went during a posted time. We did get to leave him twice during the day for babysitting during those times (extra fee) and according to the girls there he didnt notice we had left him. I think he would really love the kids club next time. We had an ocean view which was great. The window was large and provided a great view. Cabin is spacious enough, with lots of storage. Got a little cramped with the crib in there, but thats to be expected. The bathroom has good storage shelves as well and the shower larger than royal caribbean ships! I was quite pleased with the room. Things to do on board were not lacking, though unfortunately we had to skip some things that overlapped with others. Art auctions were not as fun as they have been on previous ships and were too drawn out. Lip Sync Battle auditions (i participated but was out in round one) and the final performance should not be missed. We enjoyed all the trivia and my parents liked watching karaoke and the comedy club. We didn't make it to the comedy club at all, having the little one, but we did go to the shows each night which were great! My son was having a blast for the monday night one, dancing with a lady next to him. On Royal Caribbean in the past we have had shows where the performers were great, but the show was so boring that we left. On the Pride, the shows themselves were very entertaining that if the performers were not up to par you might not mind as much. The keyword there is IF, these performers are all very good. Food was all very good. There are exceptions of course, but the majority of the time it as great. Do not get the "chesapeake crabcake" if you are expecting Maryland style. Its not, and though I enjoyed it my companions did not. Highlights for food are of course the warm chocolate melting cake (try it with peanut butter) and Lobster. Sea day brunch and Tea time (also sea days) are fantastic and alot of fun. We also did the Green Eggs and Ham breakfast, and enjoyed that as well. Blue dye aside, my mother said the pancakes were the best she had ever had on a cruise. We did not do any excursions, but enjoyed all the ports. The beach at Princess Cays requires water shoes, but offers some of the best snorkeling Ive seen on a cruise. Seriously, it was better than some paid excursions I have done. In Nassau we did a self guided walking tour and though it was long and a bit tiring, we enjoyed seeing the sights and always felt safe walking around. The streets arent very stroller friendly but people driving would always stop to let us cross and then signal to other cars to do the same. That woudln't happen back home! Freeport isnt really worth it as a port unless you do an excursion, which we likely would if we went back. It was just hard with the little one. The crew was great, always working hard and with smiles on their face. Especially Jennyfer in the cleaning staff who took a liking to my son and we saw all the time. The last night a lot of the staff actually were taking photos with my son, which I thought was sweet. I don't think he annoyed people too much but he did have his moments (ie tantrums). All in all he did well with cruising and had a blast. We had rough seas on the way back due to a nor'easter. Pools and outdoor areas were closed, which made everything inside more crowded. The captain kept us well informed and hugged the coast to lessen the impact. This made us late getting back into port, but the crew kept staying cheery and added in additional activities on our last day to keep us entertained. It was actually neat to see all the high waves. I was VERY impressed with how Carnival, the captain, and all the crew handled this. We were overall very impressed with the ship and how well maintained it was. The crew was constantly cleaning! The staff was always friendly and it was a really enjoyable time. We are now Carnival converts and will definitely be going again. Great value for your money.

First time Carnival cruisers, and with a toddler to boot

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by TalesFromTheCrib

Ages Under 3
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 1229
Cabin has a great view! Is over one of the loading areas, so you may hear some noise in port as items are brought on, but did not notice any noises when the ship was actually moving. Comfortable bed, decent amount of space in the room, large window. Still had an old TV at the time of our sailing. Don't walk around naked while anchored for Princess Cays as the tender boats are right outside your window :)
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins