3. Carnival Pride
We left out of Baltimore so that we could save money and drive to the port instead of paying more for airfare to Florida than the cost of the entire cruise itself! Our Cruise was delayed 6 hours due to the Nor-Easter. So getting into the Carnival port could have been smoother, but once we were inside the gate the staff did a really great job at adapting to the chaos of the situation. Disembarkment was a breeze! The ship is older but still nice. I didn't need the overdone promenade, the 20 restaurants, the water show, or the ice skating rink. Less is more to me. We were able to get a balcony as the upcharge from inside stateroom was only $200, which is amazing. We decided we will NEVER do anything less than a balcony. The ability to avoid the crowds and sit on our private balcony was a dream. We propped the door wide open and listened to the ocean all day and night long. The Comedians were funny. I went in prepared to hate the musical shows, as I hate musicals/plays in real life, but it was actually fabulous. We went to every show offered. Very fast moving and varied. They had a Hasbro Game show that was phenomenal and so fun. They also did a Lip Sync Battle show on the last night and it was the highlight of the week. So great. The Cruise Director Leigh and his staff do an amazing job providing quality, energetic and fun experiences. They also had a Piano Bar with Laura which was a blast. A wonderful sing along. Our Ports were Nassau, Freeport and Princess Cay. Due to the high winds from the Nor-Easter, our excursion in Princess Cay was cancelled. I was ok with is as the private beach was fun and I took a nap instead. They even provided a lunch on the island so that was appreciated. Carnival was great at rolling with the punches of the Nor-Easter. They worked hard getting the delayed passengers off the boat and us on as soon as they could. The captain was going nearly max speed to get us back on schedule. They switched the order of the ports so that nothing was excluded. They kept us informed of the situation as all times, which is the best way to keep the masses happy. Our only complaint is a mild one. The food wasn't the best. The food in the main dining was good, could have had more options. Frequent repeating items. The food on the buffet wasn't my favorite. Breakfast was the same every day and mostly greasy items and others were cold. (By day 5 we FINALLY figured out that we need to eat breakfast in the main dining room as breakfast is so much better there). It's hard to say what it was about the buffet that I didn't like. A lot of repetition, same general items offered every day. I was really bored with the food by the end. There was a 24 hour pizza place which was perfect, but I got sick of that by the end too. I guess not having enough selection, and some of the items were not items I like generally. At the risk of sounding completely ethnocentric: the food wasn't "American" enough. I hate that I say that, as I love lots of different cuisines, but it seemed like the food was made for mostly American cruisers, made by someone who is not of that nationality, who was trying to make "american" food but were not quite hitting the mark. Things looked like they would be good, but the flavors weren't quite right. For example: I loved the fried rice, but the last day they put chili powder or some odd seasoning in it and it was gross. I was just culinarily confused. I though the pasta salad would be a safe bet, but the flavors were confusing and didn't make sense together. I would have preferred food of different nationalities: indian, japanese, mexican, etc. rather than "american" food items with flavors that didn't belong in them. Also the desserts on the buffet looked beautiful but tasted odd and gross. Most lacked flavor, had a odd spongy consistency and weren't sweet. A real disappointment. Other than the lackluster food, It was a fabulous experience.

Great cruise even for an older boat

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by thejubb

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Other than the lackluster food, It was a fabulous experience.
thejubb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A 4218
Great room. Spacious bathroom. Lots of places to put my stuff. Only complaints were the TV was very limited and repetitious, and there is literally ONE OUTLET!! Luckily we were prepared by bring extension cords for our CPAPs and a outlet extender? (something with three outlet ports that you plug into the one outlet)

I loved this room. We propped our balcony door open and I would lay at the foot of the bed, look out at the ocean, read and nap, all while feeling the breeze and listening to the water. It was an incredible experience.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Baltimore
    OMG we hated Baltimore. We kept saying to each other "This town is trash!" I'm sorry if that offends anyone. Lots of one way roads which were very convoluted. Very dirty and rundown. Many improvements need to be made. Lexington Market was disgusting. Only did drive-bys of Poe's house and Grave site, and Babe Ruth's birthplace.

I will say this: Fell's Point was a nice area. Crap parking situation. We ate at Thames Street Oyster House and that was fabulous. It was the only area I felt safe to walk around.

I did not drive out to the parks so they may have been nice, I can't speak to that. My husband had had enough of Baltimore and wanted to retreat to our hotel in Glen Burnie.
    View All 348 Baltimore Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Baltimore Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    We did the All-Inclusive Beach Day. We were only at the port for a few hours so it felt rushed. We were able to rent snorkeling equipment but there were so little fish to see it was silly. The food provided was good. The drinks were good but too strong for me. No lounge chairs, just upright. Staff was nice. I just wish we had more time there. Went by far too quickly.
  • Private Boat Tour
    It was the VIP sail boat excursion and it was FABULOUS. So great. Staff was phenomenal. Free drinks the whole time, beautiful ride out of harbor with spectacular views. Choppy waves made for an adventurous snorkeling. The lunch was extremely good. It was the most perfect excursion.

Nassau city was fine. Could use some infrastructure improvements. Straw Market was fun. Merchants were pushy, but obviously that comes with the territory.
    View All 13 Private Boat Tour Reviews
  • Princess Cays
    Was supposed to take excursion but it was cancelled due to dangerous seas. The area had plenty of lounge chairs, some with covering from the sun. Carnival provided lunch which was appreciated. There was activities we could do, we swam, shopped and layed around. it was nice.

It was a tendered port, which normally wouldn't be an issue. However, the violent seas made for a long wait to get back to the boat, and a wild, wet ride on the tender. it felt like an amusement park ride but with the actual threat of death.
    View All 554 Princess Cays Cruise Port Reviews